Things to Do in Atlantic City During the Day
Whether you’re a beach bum or a shopaholic, there are plenty of things to do in Atlantic City during the day. For starters, the city is home to some of the best beaches on the East Coast.
- Steel Pier – A historic pier that dates back to 1898. The pier has been renovated and now features an amusement park, rides, games, and food concessions.
- Atlantic City Beach – This is the main public beach in Atlantic City, and it’s perfect for swimming, sunbathing, surfing, fishing, and more.
- Boardwalk – The world-famous Atlantic City Boardwalk is a must-see when you’re in town. Stretching for over four miles, the Boardwalk is perfect for a leisurely stroll, people watching, or grabbing a bite to eat from one of the many vendors.
If you’re looking for a low-key day, there are plenty of things to do in Atlantic City without gambling in the famous casinos. You could browse the gift shops in the Tanger Outlet or visit one of the places below.
Built in 1856, the Absecon Lighthouse offers stunning views of the city and the ocean. It’s 171 feet tall, which makes it the tallest lighthouse in New Jersey and the third tallest in the U.S.
Atlantic City Arts Center
This art center features rotating exhibitions of contemporary art, as well as classes and workshops for all ages. Whether you’re looking for a cultural festival to attend or a memorial to take a selfie with, Atlantic City Art Center has it all for free.
Atlantic City Aquarium
The Atlantic City Aquarium is a great place to visit if you’re traveling with kids. They’ll love seeing the sharks, stingrays, and turtles! Admission is $10 for adults, $7 for seniors and $6 for children. As of 2022, the aquarium is temporarily closed.
Historic Gardner’s Basin
Apart from the aquarium, it’s home to charter boats, restaurants, and shops. It’s a great place to go for a walk or take a boat ride.
Historical Attractions in Atlantic City
What are some things to do in Atlantic City for history enthusiasts? There are a few options, including:
- The Atlantic City Historical Museum – This museum exhibits the history of Atlantic City from its founding in 1854 to present day.
- African American Heritage Museum of Southern NJ – It’s located in the Noyes Art Garage and features exhibitions on African American history and culture.
- Bader Field – This is the site of the former Atlantic City Municipal Airport. It’s now a public park with a playground, basketball courts, a walking trail, and more.
- Garden State Park Racetrack – It was a harness racing track that operated from 1942 to 2001.
- Boardwalk Hall – An iconic building that is home to the world’s largest pipe organ. The hall is also used for concerts, sporting events, and conventions.
Things to Do in Atlantic City at Night
When the sun goes down, the fun is just getting started! There are countless things to do in Atlantic City at night, from catching a show to gambling at the casinos.
Tropicana Casino and Resort
This casino features over 100 table games, 2400 slot machines, and a poker room. There’s also a sportsbook and a selection of restaurants, bars and escape rooms. It’s impossible to be bored there for long.
Caesars Atlantic City Hotel & Casino
Caesars is one of the most popular casinos in town, with over 130 table games and 2000 slot machines, as well as video poker. What’s not to like?
Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City
This resort is home to a casino, three hotels, and a water park. The casino has over 160 table games and 2500 slot machines. You can also find a spa, golf course, and several restaurants on the property.
Something Other Than Casinos?
If you’re staying somewhere else, head to one of the city’s many nightclubs, like Boogie Nights or Club Harlem, or see a live performance at Boardwalk Hall. For a quieter evening, enjoy a romantic dinner at one of AC’s fine dining restaurants – such as Ruth’s Chris Steak House or Chart House – or take a moonlit stroll on the beach.
What Are Some Things to Do in Atlantic City with Kids?
There are many things to do in Atlantic City for your little ones. In addition to the aforementioned aquarium and historic Gardner’s Basin, consider taking them to:
- Storybook Land – This amusement park has around 15 permanent rides, including trains and carousels. Themed after children’s stories and characters, it’s perfect for a family day out. Tickets are $30.95 per person.
- Steel Pier – An amusement pier with over 20 rides, including a 227-feet-tall Ferris wheel. The price for one ticket is $1.75, and rides cost anywhere between 4 and 8 tickets each.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium – This museum is full of odd and interesting artifacts from around the world. It’s a great place to learn and have fun at the same time. Admission is $18.99 for adults, $14.99 for seniors, and $12.99 for children.
Where Can You Stay in Atlantic City?
There are many hotels in Atlantic City to choose from, depending on your budget and preferences. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City,
- Bally’s Atlantic City Hotel and Casino,
- Resorts Casino Hotel,
- Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City.
Can you stay somewhere quieter and still enjoy all the things to do in Atlantic City? Yes! If you’re looking for a more laid-back vacation, consider staying in one of the many bed and breakfasts or vacation rentals just outside the city. You’ll be close to all the action, but can enjoy a more relaxing atmosphere when you want to.
Planning Your Trip to Atlantic City, NJ Already?
That’s just a taste of what Atlantic City has to offer! Whether you’re looking for things to do in the day or things to do at night, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city. Start planning your trip today!
- Things to Do in Biloxi, MS. Tourist Attractions Guide, Indoor Activities and More
- Things to Do in Shreveport, Louisiana. You Don’t Have to Look for Top Attractions, We Did It for You
- 20 Things to Do in Myrtle Beach for Adults: A Fun and Exciting List of Best Attractions in South Carolina’s Party Town
- Things to Do in North Myrtle Beach, SC – Have Fun in the Amusement Park and Explore Myrtle Beach Attractions
- Things to Do in Wildwood, NJ: The Best Wildwood Attractions to Visit on Your Jersey Shore Vacation
- Things to Do in Sandusky Ohio: A Guide to the Area’s Best Tourist Attractions, from Lake Erie to Cedar Point
- Things to Do in Cherokee, NC. Full List of Activities and Attractions, from Smoky Mountain to Indian Village
- Things to Do in Santa Monica. See Top Tourist Attractions, from Scenic Beaches to Pier Aquarium