Biloxi is a beautiful Gulf Coast city with plenty to do. Our attractions guide will help you plan your next visit. Whether you’re looking for things to do in Biloxi, MS with kids, on a budget, or in the evening, there’s something for everyone in this city!
Biloxi has a reputation for being family-friendly while also offering visitors a variety of things to see and do. Here are some ideas for things to do in Biloxi, MS. Enjoy your trip!
Things to Do in Biloxi, MS: Beach, Biloxi Lighthouse and Ship Island
Biloxi is a beautiful coastal city located in southern Mississippi. The city is known for its miles of sandy beaches, its Gulf Coast seafood, and its many historical landmarks.
Beach Activities in Biloxi
The beaches here are wide and sandy, and the water is crystal clear. Here are some activities you can consider while looking for things to do in Biloxi, MS:
- Go to the beach. Biloxi has some great beaches, and they’re perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and fishing.
- Visit the lighthouse. The Biloxi Lighthouse is a historic landmark, and it’s definitely worth a visit. It’s been standing since 1848 and offers some great views of the city and the Gulf Coast. It’s located on Beach Boulevard, and you can take a tour or just admire it from afar.
- Go shrimping. Biloxi shrimping trips are a big part of the local culture of the city, and it’s something that everyone should try at least once. You can take a shrimping tour to learn more about the process and see it in action.
- Take a walk or bike ride down the beachfront promenade. The Biloxi Beach Promenade is a great place to enjoy the waterfront views.
- Visit the Barrier Islands. Biloxi is located near a number of Barrier Islands, which are perfect for bird watching, fishing, and exploring.
If you’re looking for a fun way to see Biloxi, Mississippi, consider taking a tour by train. The Biloxi Tour Train offers rides through the city and its beautiful beaches, with informative narration about the history and sights along the way.
Beautiful Islands near Biloxi
Ship Island is a barrier island that is accessible by ferry from Biloxi. Ship Island is home to beautiful white sand beaches, as well as a variety of wildlife, including dolphins and birds. Visitors to Ship Island can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, fishing, and kayaking. There is also a historic fort on the island that is worth exploring.
Deer Island is one of the main attractions in Biloxi, Mississippi. It’s a beautiful island that’s home to a wide variety of wildlife, including deer, turkeys, and alligators. Visitors can enjoy hiking and nature walks on the island, or simply relax and take in the natural beauty. There are also several restaurants and bars located there, making it the perfect spot to spend a day or evening out.
Things to Do in Biloxi, MS: Museums
There are several museums in Biloxi that offer interesting exhibits and displays:
- The Maritime and Seafood Industry Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the seafood industry in Biloxi.
- The Ohr O’Keefe Museum of Art is an excellent choice for art lovers, as it features a variety of contemporary and modern art.
- If you’re a fan of art, or just want to learn more about the history of art, then the Walter Anderson Museum of Art is a must-visit. This museum is dedicated to the work of Walter Anderson, a famous Mississippi artist who specialized in watercolor and woodcuts.
- Mardi Gras Museum is a fun place to learn about the history and culture of Mardi Gras in Biloxi.
Biloxi, MS. Entertainment for the Evening, Casinos & Local Cuisine
After a long day on the beach, you’re sure to work up an appetite. Fortunately, Biloxi has no shortage of great places to eat. From seafood to steaks, there’s something for everyone. Or maybe you are looking for a little fun and excitement during your stay in Biloxi? Then look no further than the local casinos!
In local casinos you can try your luck at slots, table games, and more. And if you’re feeling lucky, why not take a chance on one of the many live entertainment shows? Some of our favorite casinos in Biloxi include the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, and the IP Casino Resort & Spa. Biloxi, Mississippi is also a home to the Golden Nugget Casino. This casino is one of the most popular in the area and offers a variety of gaming options for its guests. The Golden Nugget also features a hotel, restaurants, and a nightclub. Whichever casino you choose, you’re sure to have a great time!
Cuisine and Bars
There are many fun things to do there, like visit Margaritaville. It is a bar and restaurant that has a fun atmosphere and delicious food. If you’re looking for a place to have some drinks and dance, Margaritaville is definitely worth checking out.
There are also plenty of things to do in Biloxi for those who love seafood. The city is famous for its delicious Gulf Coast seafood, and you can find some of the best restaurants here. Be sure to try out some local dishes, such as shrimp po’boys, crab cakes, and crawfish étouffée. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also go shrimping or crabbing in the Gulf of Mexico.
Other Interesting Places and Things to Do in Biloxi, MS
Biloxi, Mississippi is home to a beautiful golf course that offers stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico. The course is well-maintained and challenging, making it a favorite among avid golfers. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, you’ll enjoy playing this course. There are also several restaurants and bars located nearby, so you can grab a bite or a drink after your round. If you’re looking for a fun and challenging golf course, be sure to check out Biloxi’s!
Beauvoir, located in Biloxi, Mississippi, was the last home of Confederate President Jefferson Davis. The home was built in 1852 and served as a summer retreat for the family. After the Civil War, Davis was imprisoned at Fortress Monroe in Virginia. Upon his release, he moved to Beauvoir where he lived until his death in 1889. The home is now a museum and historic site. If you are interested in the U.S. history, a visit to Beauvoir is a must.
The Schooner is a popular tourist attraction in the city. The ship was built in the late 1800s and is now used for tours of the harbor. Visitors can climb aboard the ship and learn about its history and the city of Biloxi. The schooner is also available for private events, such as weddings and parties.
A little over ten years ago, one of the most devastating hurricanes in history, hurricane Katrina, hit the Gulf Coast. The city of Biloxi, Mississippi was one of the hardest hit areas. Located on the Mississippi coast, Biloxi was directly in the path of Katrina’s storm surge. Fortunately its beauty has been restored.
Now you know all the interesting things to do in Biloxi, MS. And maybe after this trip it’s time for Gulfport and Ocean Springs, other beautiful cities of the Gulf Coast?
- Things to Do in Mississippi. Biloxi, Hattiesburg, Tupelo – Tourist Attractions, Best Places to Visit in Mississippi
- Best Things To Do In Gulfport MS: Top Attractions And Places To Go In The Gulf Coast
- Things to Do in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores – Hit the Beach and Try All the Fun Activities in Alabama’s Gulf Coast
- Top Things To Do In Marco Island, FL: Best Attractions On Southwest Florida
- City with Soul, Jackson Is the Capital of Mississippi. Check Best Tourist Attractions & Top Things to Do in Jackson MS
- Things to Do in Atlantic City, NJ – Must-See Tourist Attractions of the Jersey Shore
- Things to Do in Siesta Key, FL. Perfect Beaches, Stunning Sunsets and Tourist Attractions
- Things to Do in Mobile, Alabama – Top Attractions in Mobile for Families and History, Art and Nature Enthusiasts