There are tons of great things to do in Mississippi. From ancient burial mounds to Civil War battlefields, there’s something for everyone. So pack your bags and get ready for an adventure in the Magnolia State!
Things to Do in Mississippi: Visit Biloxi with Beautiful Beaches
There are plenty of things to do in Biloxi, Mississippi! This vibrant city offers something for everyone, from the beaches and Gulf Coast gaming to museums and historical sites. Visitors can enjoy a variety of activities, including fishing, swimming, boating, golfing, and more.
Biloxi is home to some of the best beaches on the Gulf Coast. Visitors can enjoy sunbathing, swimming, fishing, and more. The city’s main beach is Biloxi Beach, which features a wide range of amenities, including showers, picnic areas, and a playground. Other popular beaches in the area include West and East Beaches, and Deer Island. Be sure to check out Gulfport, another charming town near Biloxi.
Biloxi is home to several world-class museums, including the Maritime Museum, Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art, and Biloxi Lighthouse. These museums offer a variety of exhibits and activities that are sure to interest visitors of all ages.
Biloxi is also home to a number of historical sites, including the Fort Massachusetts, and the Beauvoir – The Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library. These sites offer a glimpse into the city’s rich history and culture.
And in the evening don’t forget to hit one of many iconic casinos to try your luck!
There are plenty of things to do in Mississippi, and Vicksburg is a great place to start. This city is home to a variety of historical sites, museums, and other activities that will keep you busy for days.
One of the most popular things to do here is visiting the Vicksburg National Military Park. This park is home to a number of monuments and memorials that commemorate the Civil War. If you’re interested in history, this is definitely a place you don’t want to miss.
Another great attraction in Vicksburg is the Mississippi River Museum. This museum is dedicated to preserving and showcasing the history of the Mississippi River. It’s a great place to learn more about the river and its importance to the region.
If you’re looking for something a little more adventurous, you can check out the Vicksburg Whitewater Park. This park is home to a number of different whitewater rafting and kayaking trails that will test your skills. It’s certainly a fun place to spend a day or two.
If you’re looking for things to do in Mississippi, you cannot miss Tupelo. This city is home to a variety of attractions, including the Elvis Presley Birthplace and Museum. This museum is dedicated to the life and career of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll. It contains exhibits on Elvis’ childhood, his music career, and his movie roles.
There are also plenty of great restaurants and bars in this charming city, so you’ll never be bored. You can visit the BancorpSouth Arena and Ole Miss University. Be sure to check out the Tupelo Buffalo Park and Zoo, too!
There are plenty of things to do in Mississippi, but one of the most popular destinations is Natchez. This lovely town is located on the banks of the Mississippi River and is full of history and Southern charm. There are a number of museums and historical sites to explore, as well as plenty of shopping and dining options. Be sure to check out the Natchez Trace Parkway, which offers stunning views of the river.
If you’re looking for things to do in Mississippi, be sure to check out Hattiesburg. This vibrant city has plenty of activities and attractions to keep you busy, from golfing and fishing to hiking and shopping. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore all that city has to offer!
Some of the top things to do here include:
- Visit the Longleaf Trace – it is a 41-mile recreational rail trail that runs through the city. This trail is perfect for hiking, biking, and horseback riding, and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- Explore the Hattiesburg Zoo – it is home to more than 200 animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. The zoo also has a reptile house, aviary, and educational programs.
- Play a round of golf – the city has several golf courses, including the Canebrake Club and the Pine Belt Country Club. These courses offer challenging play and stunning scenery.
- Visit the University of Southern Mississippi – it is one of the top universities in the state. The campus is home to a variety of historical buildings and museums, as well as a large student population.
- Take a hike – the city has several beautiful parks, including Kamper Park and the Arboretum. These parks offer a variety of hiking trails for all levels of hikers.
Less Popular Things to Do in Mississippi
There are actually a number of interesting and unique things to do in the state that you might not have considered before. Here are just a few examples:
- Ship Island – it is located in the Gulf of Mexico, and it’s a great place for swimming, fishing, and kayaking. You can also explore the historic fort on the island.
- Mississippi Civil Rights Museum – this museum is dedicated to preserving the history of the civil rights movement in the state of Mississippi. The museum offers a variety of exhibits and programs that educate visitors about the struggle for civil rights in Mississippi.
- One of the state’s most popular destinations is the Mississippi Petrified Forest, where visitors can explore a unique landscape of fossilized tree trunks.
- The Delta Blues Museum in Clarksdale is a great place to learn more about the history and origins of the blues. The museum has exhibits on the musical icons who came from the region, such as Muddy Waters, Howlin’ Wolf, and John Lee Hooker. It also has interactive exhibits that allow visitors to experience the blues firsthand.
- The Mississippi State Capitol Building is a beautiful example of neoclassical architecture, and it’s home to a number of historical exhibits. You can also take a guided tour of the capitol building, or explore it on your own.
- The Gulf Islands National Seashore offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation. From hiking and biking trails to fishing and swimming, there’s something for everyone. You can also explore the area’s history and culture, or simply relax on the beach.
- Visit the Mississippi Museum of Art in Jackson. It is the state’s premier art museum, and it features a wide variety of art from both local and national artists.
- The Mississippi Museum of Natural Science is located in Jackson, Mississippi, and it features exhibits on dinosaurs, mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, and spiders. There are also interactive exhibits and a planetarium.
As you can see, there are plenty of things to do in Mississippi. It’s time to pack your bag and visit the Magnolia State!
- Things to Do in Biloxi, MS. Tourist Attractions Guide, Indoor Activities and More
- Best Things To Do In Gulfport MS: Top Attractions And Places To Go In The Gulf Coast
- City with Soul, Jackson Is the Capital of Mississippi. Check Best Tourist Attractions & Top Things to Do in Jackson MS
- Things to Do in Dubuque, Iowa: Charming Places to Go and Fun Tourist Attractions in Dubuque, IA
- Things to Do in Hattiesburg, MS – Escape Rooms, Museums, and Other Attractions in Hattiesburg You Must Visit
- Things to Do in Natchez, MS: the Best of Attractions!
- Things to Do in Mobile, Alabama – Top Attractions in Mobile for Families and History, Art and Nature Enthusiasts
- Things to Do in Iowa: Tourist Attractions and Fun Activities