From hiking and biking trails to boat rentals and fishing, there’s something for everyone in Big Bear Lake. So whether you’re a nature lover or an adventure seeker, read on for our top things to do in Big Bear Lake. Happy exploring!
There’s no place like Big Bear Lake. This majestic alpine lake is nestled in the San Bernardino Mountains and offers some of the most breathtaking scenery in Southern California. Whether you’re looking to enjoy a day of fishing, hiking, or just relaxing in nature, there are many things to do in Big Bear Lake.
Things to Do in Big Bear Lake in Summer
Big Bear Lake is a beautiful place to visit in the summer. One of the most popular destinations is Boulder Bay Park. This park features a large lake with a variety of activities available, including swimming, canoeing, and kayaking, as well as hiking and fishing. There are also many restaurants and shops to explore. Here are some of the best things to do in Big Bear Lake in summer:
- Hiking. There are many hiking trails in Big Bear Lake. Some of the most popular trails include the John Muir Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail. There are also shorter trails that are perfect for families.
- Fishing. Big Bear Lake is home to many types of fish, including trout, bass, and catfish. There are many fishing spots located around the lake.
- Swimming. Big Bear Lake is the perfect place to cool off in the summer. There are many beaches located near the lake, as well as public pools.
- Kayaking. It is a great way to explore Big Bear Lake. There are many rental locations located near the area.
- Restaurants and shops. There are many types of restaurants and shops in Big Bear Lake, including Mexican, Italian, and American cuisine, gift shops and sporting goods stores.
- The Big Bear Pine Knot Trail is a beautiful, scenic trail that runs through the heart of the area. The trail is perfect for hiking, riding a mountain bike, and even horseback riding. The views from the trail are simply stunning, and there are plenty of opportunities to see wildlife along the way (even grizzlies!)
- The Alpine Pedal Path is a great place to spend a summer day. This path winds through the forests and meadows near the lake, providing beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. It’s an easy ride, making it perfect for cyclists of all ages and abilities.
Things to Do in Big Bear Lake in Winter
When most people think of things to do in Big Bear Lake, they think of summer activities like swimming, boating, and hiking. However, Big Bear is a great place to visit year-round! In winter, the area becomes a popular ski resort and there are plenty of other activities to keep you busy.
Here are some of the best things to do in Big Bear Lake in winter:
- Hit the slopes at one of the area’s ski resorts.
- Go snowboarding or snow tubing at Snow Summit or Bear Mountain.
- Take a scenic sled ride through the snow-covered woods.
- Go ice skating at the Big Bear Ice Rink.
- Enjoy a cup of hot cocoa by the fire at one of Big Bear’s cozy lodges.
- The alpine slide at Magic Mountain is one of the most popular attractions. With its long, winding course and breathtaking views, it’s no wonder why!
Best Big Bear Mountain Resorts
If you’re looking for a great mountain resort to visit, Big Bear is definitely worth considering. With plenty of ski resorts and activities to choose from, you’re sure to have a good time. Here are some of the best options in Big Bear:
- Snow Summit – this ski resort is one of the most popular in Big Bear, and for good reason. With plenty of slopes for all levels of skiers and snowboarders, as well as a great terrain park, Snow Summit is perfect for thrill seekers.
- Bear Mountain – it is another great option in Big Bear. It has a bit more variety than Snow Summit, with slopes for all levels as well as a number of different terrain parks.
- Snow Valley – if you’re looking for a smaller and more intimate resort, Snow Valley is a great option. It’s perfect for beginners and those who want to take things at their own pace.
- Big Bear Snow Play – this is a great option for families or those who want to enjoy the snow without skiing or snowboarding. With tubing and sledding, as well as a number of other activities, Big Bear Snow Play is perfect for all ages.
The Big Bear Lake Visitor Center is a great place to start your visit to the area. The center has information on local attractions, dining, and lodging. You can also find out about fishing and hunting in the area, and pick up a map of the trails around the lake. When you travel with kids, consider a trip to Gold Rush Mining Adventures – it is a place where you can learn about the history of mining and try your hand at panning for gold. And there are some other fun activities you can do near Big Bear Lake.
Hiking in Big Bear
Castle Rock is one of the most popular hiking trails in Big Bear Lake. The trailhead is located near the intersection of Highway 18 and North Shore Drive. The trail is approximately 2.5 miles long and leads to an overlook of the lake. It is rated as moderate to difficult due to its steep inclines and rocky terrain. The Castle Rock trail is a great option for hikers who are looking for a challenge. The trail provides stunning views of the lake and surrounding mountains.
If you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, consider a trip to Big Bear and zip lining! Fly through the trees on a cable while enjoying some of the most stunning views of Big Bear Lake and Southern California. There are several courses to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your skill level and thrill-seeking desires.
Big Bear Jeep Experience
If you’re looking for an adventure that will take your breath away, look no further than the Big Bear Jeep Experience. Located in Big Bear Lake, California, this off-road excursion will have you driving through some of the most beautiful and rugged terrain that the state has to offer. You’ll get to explore forests, meadows, and streams, all while driving a powerful Jeep Wrangler. No matter what your level of experience is, the knowledgeable and friendly guides there.
As you can see, there are plenty of things to do in Big Bear Lake. It’s time to book a cabin for the next summer or winter!
- Top Things to Do in Lake Arrowhead: Top Attractions in a Stunningly Beautiful Area in California
- Things to Do in Stowe, VT, From Downtown Stowe to Winter Activities and Tourist Attractions in Vermont
- Things to Do in Telluride and Mountain Village: Fall, Winter and Summer Activities Amid Scenic Mountain Views
- Things to Do in Big Sky, Montana – Skiing and Other Winter Activities to Try on Your Trip to Big Sky
- Things to do in Lake Tahoe in Summer & Winter. A Guide to the Best Activities and Attractions in South Lake Tahoe
- The Best Things To Do In Bangor, Maine. Top Attractions Listed for Those of You Going to Bangor Maine
- Fun Things to Do in Utah: A Guide to the Best Attractions, Winter Activities, National Parks and Salt Lake City
- Things to Do in Cherokee, NC. Full List of Activities and Attractions, from Smoky Mountain to Indian Village