Looking for things to do in Missouri? Look no further! In this article, we’ll share some of the best things to see and do in this state. From hiking and camping in the Ozarks to exploring St. Louis’s rich history, there’s something for everyone in Missouri. So whether you’re a lifelong resident or just visiting for a few days, be sure to check out these must-see attractions.
Things to Do in Missouri. Missouri Botanical Garden
It is one of the top tourist destinations in Missouri. It’s a beautiful family-friendly garden with acres of gardens, ponds, and nature trails to explore. There’s also a greenhouse with a variety of plants, an amphitheater, and a café.
This Botanical Garden is one of the oldest and largest botanical gardens in the United States. It is a center for plant science and conservation, as well as a place for education, recreation, and inspiration.
There are many things to do here, including the Japanese Garden, the Climatron, and the Children’s Garden. The Japanese Garden is a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the scenery. The Climatron is a greenhouse that is perfect for getting up close and personal with plants from all over the world. The Children’s Garden is a great place for kids to explore and learn about nature. There are also many events held at the Missouri Botanical Garden, so be sure to check out the calendar of events before your visit.
Saint Louis Zoo
The Saint Louis Zoo is one of the best zoos in the United States. It is located in Forest Park, Missouri, and covers over 90 acres. The zoo is home to more than 600 species of animals, making it one of the largest zoos in the world.
This zoo is a great place for families to visit. It has a children’s zoo, an animal show, and a train ride. The zoo also has a restaurant and a gift shop and a variety of exciting exhibits, including the River’s Edge Aviary and the Primate House.
The city of St Louis is home to a number of other attractions, including St. Louis Science Center, Missouri History Museum, and St. Louis Art Museum.
Lake of the Ozarks
The Lake of the Ozarks is one of the largest man-made lakes in the United States, with a surface area of over 54,000 acres. The lake was created in 1931 by the construction of the Bagnell Dam on the Osage River in central Missouri. The dam was built to provide hydroelectric power to the surrounding area, and the lake quickly became a popular recreation destination. The Lake of the Ozarks is now home to more than 1,200 miles of shoreline and countless fishing and boating opportunities. Visitors can also enjoy camping, hiking, and wildlife watching in the surrounding area.
Places to Visit in Missouri. Kansas City
There are plenty of things to do in Missouri, and Kansas City is a great place to start. Some of the top attractions include the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, and the Liberty Memorial. You can also explore the city’s vibrant culinary scene, or take a walk or bike ride through one of the many parks. Visit the Country Club Plaza – it is a historic shopping district in Kansas City, Missouri. The Plaza features Spanish-themed architecture, many city museums, and endless shopping and dining options with live music.
The Gateway Arch is the tallest monument in Missouri and the tallest stainless steel monument in the world. It is also the symbol of St. Louis. The Arch is located on the banks of the Mississippi River in downtown St. Louis, near the site of the city’s founding by French explorers in 1764.
The Arch was designed by Finnish-American architect Eero Saarinen and completed in 1965. It is 630 feet (192.02 m) tall and 630 feet (192.02 m) wide at its base. The structure is built of stainless steel, which was chosen for its resistance to weathering.
The Gateway Arch is open to the public year-round. Visitors can take a tram to the top of the Arch for a panoramic view of St. Louis and the surrounding area. The ride to the top takes about four minutes. There is also a museum at the base of the Arch that tells the story of westward expansion in the United States.
Whether you’re looking for a place to hike, camp, fish, or just enjoy some time outdoors, Missouri has a park for you. Here are just a few of the many state parks worth exploring in Missouri.
- Elephant Rocks – this park is known for its unique rock formations that resemble elephants. The park offers hiking and nature trails, as well as fishing and bird watching opportunities.
- Roaring River State Park – this park is located in the Ozark Mountains and is known for its trout fishing. The park also offers hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as a nature center.
- Ha Ha Tonka State Park – this park is located on a peninsula that extends into the Lake of the Ozarks. The park offers camping, fishing, and hiking opportunities, as well as a nature center.
Missouri state is home to some of the most amazing natural attractions in the country. One of the must-see destinations in the state is Meramec State Park. You will find here a stunning cave system, one of the largest in North America. It offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy. From tours of the caves to zip lining, there is something for everyone. You can explore the caves on your own, or take a guided tour. And if you’re just looking to relax, you can take a scenic boat ride through the caverns.
Are You Looking for More Things to Do in Missouri?
For history buffs, a visit to Hannibal is a must. This small town was once home to Mark Twain and offers visitors a glimpse into his life and times. There are also many museums and historical sites to explore in Hannibal.
Don’t miss Silver Dollar City. This amusement park is home to dozens of rides and attractions, as well as live entertainment and food options. It’s the perfect place for a day of fun with family or friends.
What are your favorite things to do in Missouri?
- Things to Do in Springfield, MO. Best Tourist Attractions Guide for Everyone
- Arc de Triomphe in Paris (l’Arc de Triomphe): Parisian Monument From Napoleonic Times
- Île Saint-Louis in Paris. A Charming Island in the Middle of the City. Top Tourist Attractions on Ile Saint-Louis
- Heading to Cali? Make Sure You Go through Joshua Tree National Park. Best Things to Do in Joshua Tree, Hiking & Fun
- Joplin: The Ultimate City Guide. Top Attractions, Tourist Tips and Things to Do in Joplin Mo
- 10 Fun Things to Do in Fayetteville, AR: Tourist Attractions in This Northwest Arkansas Town You Don’t Want to Miss
- Visiting Carnaby Street – Central London’s Shopping and Fashion Destination
- The Attractions and History of the Place de la Concorde: A Famous Parisian Square