Have you ever been to Shreveport, Louisiana? If not, you’re missing out on a truly unique experience. From the vibrant culture to the delicious food, there are things to do in Shreveport for everyone. Once you visit, you’ll be hooked!
Things to Do in Shreveport: Visit the Shreveport Aquarium
If you’re looking for things to do in Shreveport, Louisiana, be sure to check out the Shreveport Aquarium. This amazing aquarium is home to thousands of different marine animals, including sharks, stingrays, and sea turtles. You can also see a variety of fish from all over the world, as well as coral reefs and a variety of other marine life. The aquarium also offers a variety of educational programs for children.
Visit Louisiana State Exhibit Museum or R.W. Norton Art Gallery
Louisiana State Exhibit Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Louisiana. The museum offers a variety of exhibitions and displays that focus on different aspects of Louisiana’s history and culture. Visitors can also take part in special events and programs that are offered at the museum.
Located in the heart of Shreveport, Louisiana, the R.W. Norton Art Gallery is a must-see attraction for art lovers and history buffs alike. The gallery features a rotating schedule of exhibitions, showcasing everything from traditional paintings and sculptures to contemporary installations.
Visit The Red River Zoo
Looking for things to do in Shreveport, Louisiana? Then look no further than the Red River Zoo or Jubilee Zoo! The Red River Zoo is home to over 300 animals, including tigers, lions, bears, and more. There’s also a petting zoo where you can get up close and personal with some of the friendly animals.
Jubilee Zoo is a smaller zoo, but it’s perfect if you’re looking for a more intimate experience. It’s home to exotic animals from all over the world, including lions, tigers, and leopards.
Take Your Kids to Sci-Port Discovery Center
Are you looking for something fun to do with your kids in Shreveport, Louisiana? If so, you should definitely check out Sci-Port Discovery Center. This attraction is perfect for kids of all ages and is sure to be a hit with your family.
It is an interactive science museum that features exhibits on a variety of topics including space exploration, physics, chemistry, biology, and more. There are also a number of hands-on activities for kids to enjoy, so they can really learn about the concepts being presented. In addition to the exhibits, this Discovery Center also has a planetarium, an IMAX theater, and a number of other great facilities.
Go for a Live Music Experience in Shreveport Municipal Auditorium
If you’re looking for things to do in Shreveport, Louisiana, the Municipal Auditorium is a great place to start. This historic venue has been hosting events since 1930, and today it’s home to concerts, theatrical performances, and more. Check out the upcoming events schedule to see what’s coming up, or take a tour of the Auditorium to learn more about its history.
Go on a Trip to Bossier City
If you’re looking for a fun day out, visit Bossier City, which is a part of the Shreveport-Bossier City metropolitan area. This city is home to numerous casinos, hotels, and restaurants. If you’re feeling lucky, try your hand at one of the many casino games available. If you’re looking for a more relaxed day, take a stroll down one of the many scenic trails or visit one of the many museums and art galleries. Whatever you’re looking for, you’ll be sure to find it in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Go to Shreveport Water Works Museum
The Shreveport Water Works Museum is a great place to learn about the city’s early waterworks system. The museum is located in the old waterworks building, which was built in 1887. The museum has exhibits on the history of the waterworks system, as well as on the science of water treatment. The museum also offers tours of the old facility.
Visit Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport
There’s plenty to do in Shreveport, Louisiana, and a visit to Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport is a must. The casino offers plenty of gaming options, including slots, table games, and poker, as well as restaurants, bars, and live entertainment. There’s also a hotel on site, so you can stay and play all in one place.
Go for a Walk on Louisiana Boardwalk
If you’re looking for things to do in Shreveport, Louisiana, consider taking a walk on the Louisiana Boardwalk. This scenic walkway offers views of the Red River and the downtown skyline, and it’s a great way to get some exercise. There are also several shops and restaurants along the boardwalk, so you can grab a bite to eat or take a break from walking.
Go to Splash Kingdom Waterpark
Looking for things to do in Shreveport with kids? Check out Splash Kingdom! With over 30 rides and attractions, there’s something for everyone in the family to enjoy. From water slides and pools to go-karts and mini golf, it is the perfect place to cool off and have some fun this summer. And don’t forget to stop by the snack bar for some delicious treats!
Other Ideas to Spend Time in Shreveport
As you can see, there’s plenty to do in Shreveport, Louisiana! This city is rich in history and culture, and there are plenty of national historic landmarks and outdoor areas to explore. Here are just a few of the many things to do in Shreveport:
- Visit the Caddo Parish Courthouse. It is one of the most iconic buildings in Shreveport, and it’s a must-see for history buffs.
- Explore the Red River National Wildlife Refuge. It is home to all sorts of wildlife, and it’s a great place to enjoy nature.
- Go to Jacobs Memorial Nature Park. The park has hiking trails, a playground, and a picnic area. There is also a pond where you can go fishing.
- Visit American Rose Center. It is home to more than 35,000 rose bushes, as well as gardens, fountains, and a gift shop. There’s also a playground and picnic areas, so it’s perfect for families.
- Louisiana Hayride – this legendary country music radio program began broadcasting in 1948 and featured some of the biggest names in country music, including Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, and Patsy Cline.
- Visit the Spring Street Historical Museum. This museum is dedicated to preserving the history of Shreveport and its surrounding area, and offers a variety of exhibits that are sure to interest visitors of all ages.
- Go for a picnic to Betty Virginia Park. It features a playground, a lake, and plenty of open green space for visitors to enjoy. There are also several restaurants and shops located in the park, making it the perfect place to spend an afternoon or evening here.
- See the Elvis Presley Statue. It is located in downtown Shreveport, and it’s a great way to get a feel for the city.
Source: Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau, CC BY 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons
- Things To Do In Louisiana – Tourist Attractions And Places To Visit, From Baton Rouge To Bayou
- 20 Things to Do in Baton Rouge: Attractions, Activities, and Adventures
- Things to Do in Lafayette LA That You Can’t Miss. Places to Go Around Lafayette Louisiana, Cajun Country
- Things to Do in Lake Charles. Top Tourist Attractions and Hidden Gems
- Reasons to Visit South Dakota, Top Tourist Attractions and More. Things to Do in Sioux Falls.
- Things to Do in Mobile, Alabama – Top Attractions in Mobile for Families and History, Art and Nature Enthusiasts
- Things to Do in Natchez, MS: the Best of Attractions!
- Things to Do in Tyler, TX. Best Attractions Guide on the Biggest City of East Texas