Things to Do in Greenville, SC – Downtown
Downtown Greenville is a beautiful place to walk around. There are a few museums, and plenty of shops and restaurants. If you’re looking for things to do in Greenville, SC that are more active, downtown is also home to many parks, such as Falls Park on the Reedy and Cleveland Park.
Greenville County Museum of Art
The Greenville County Museum of Art is one of the things to see in Greenville, SC if you’re interested in the arts. It’s home to the largest public collection of watercolors by Andrew Wyeth, as well as many paintings and prints by Jasper Johns. The Southern Collection is also worth seeing, especially if you have ties to the South.
Admission is free for everyone!
Bob Jones University Museum & Gallery
The Bob Jones University Museum & Gallery is another great option for art lovers. It’s recognized as one of the finest collections of paintings by the European Old Masters in America. It’s currently closed and only offers virtual tours, but as soon as it opens up again, it’s worth paying a visit.
Falls Park on the Reedy
Falls Park is a 32-acre park that features a waterfall, walking trails, gardens, and more. It’s one of the most popular places to visit in Greenville, SC for both locals and visitors. The Liberty Bridge is one stunning highlight of the place. A paradise for nature lovers and photographers, Falls Park is a must-see!
Cleveland Park is another place with many things to do in Greenville, SC. It’s a bit smaller than Falls Park, but just as beautiful. It has a playground, tennis courts, picnic areas, walking trails, and a pond. There are over 300 acres of forest and many trails to explore.
Things to Do in Greenville, SC with Kids
If you’re looking for things to do in Greenville, SC with kids, there are plenty of options to keep your little ones entertained.
- You can visit the Greenville Zoo, which is home to over 300 animals. Tickets are $12 for adults and $9 for children. There’s also a program to show your kids what it’s like to work as a zookeeper!
- The Children’s Museum of the Upstate is another great option. It has interactive exhibits and programs for kids of all ages. Your children can learn about the process of animation or the properties of water, among other things. General admission is $12-15 for one adult and one child.
- If your kids are into sports, you can take them to a Greenville Drive baseball game. The games are held at Fluor Field, which is modeled after Boston’s Fenway Park.
You won’t get bored with these places yourself, either! And who knows, maybe you’ll learn a fun fact or two you’ve never heard of?
Outdoor Fun in Greenville
Looking for things to do in Greenville, SC to test your stamina? You can go hiking or camping in one of the many state parks nearby. You could also go whitewater rafting on the Chattooga River a short drive away from Greenville, if you don’t mind leaving the city for a bit.
Caesars Head State Park and Jones Gap State Park are both great choices. Swamp Rabbit Trail is a 22-mile trail that’s perfect for biking, walking, or running. Paris Mountain State Park offers great fun through biking, hiking, and camping as well.
There are also many places to go if you’re a fan of golf. There are over 15 courses in the area, such as the Riverside Course or the Verdae Greens Course.
Greenville Attractions for History Buffs
What are some things to do in Greenville, SC if you’re interested in the city’s history and culture? The Military History Center of the Carolinas is a good place to start. It’s a museum that covers the history of the US military from the Revolutionary War to present day.
If you want to learn about the story of the Upcountry of South Carolina, you can visit the Upcountry History Museum. It’s located in Heritage Green, near the Hyatt Regency. And if you’re into baseball history, Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum & Baseball Library is waiting for your visit!
A Bit of History Before You Visit Greenville
The city of Greenville was founded in 1786. It was named after General Nathanael Greene, who fought in the American southern campaign. The city became a center of textile manufacturing in the late 19th century.
Today, Greenville is known as a vibrant and thrifty city. It’s home to many businesses and has a lot to offer in terms of things to do, places to visit, and activities to partake in. So if you find yourself in South Carolina, make sure to add Greenville to your list!
Nightlife in Greenville
If you’re looking for things to do in Greenville, SC at night, there are plenty of options. You can start with a dinner and a show at the Peace Center. Or you could go to one of the many bars or clubs in the city, such as Dave & Buster’s or Ink N Ivy. And why not catch a movie at the Regal Hollywood & RPX?
Things to Do Near Greenville
If you’re looking for things to do outside of Greenville, there are plenty of options nearby. Here are some places that are around an hour away or less.
- Visit the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, 62 miles from Greenville.
- Take a scenic drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, 56 miles from Greenville.
- Go to see a show at the Flat Rock Playhouse, 35 miles away.
- Explore Chimney Rock State Park, which is 54 miles away.
- Take a hike in DuPont State Forest, located 37 miles from Greenville.
Where to Stay and Eat in Greenville?
There are many things to do in Greenville, SC, but where should you stay and eat? If you’re looking for a place to stay, the Hyatt Regency is located in the heart of downtown and is within walking distance of many attractions. For more affordable options, check out hotels like Hampton Inn & Suites or Aloft.
If you’d prefer to stay in a smaller town outside of Greenville, Travelers Rest is waiting for you. It’s located just north of the city and is home to the Gateway Park and Trailblazer Park where you can unwind after a busy day.
As for restaurants, there are plenty of great places to eat in Greenville along the Main Street. For a casual meal, try one of the many barbecue restaurants or burger joints. For something a bit more upscale, check out Soby’s New Southern Cuisine or Passerelle Bistro.
Enjoy Your Trip to Greenville, SC and Bring a Good Camera!
As you can see, there are many things to do in Greenville, SC and the surrounding area. You won’t be bored during your stay here, and there are lots of places worth shooting. So make sure to pack a good camera and enjoy your trip.
- Things to Do in Greenville, NC – Outdoor Adventure, Family Fun and Interesting Places to Go Near Greenville
- Things to Do in Spartanburg, SC: Top Tourist Attractions, Places to Visit and Fun Activities to Try
- Reasons to Visit South Dakota, Top Tourist Attractions and More. Things to Do in Sioux Falls.
- Top Things To Do In The Poconos. The Pocono Mountains Places Attractions, Places To Go & Things To Do With Kids
- Things to Do in Spokane, WA. Tourist Attractions and Places to See in Spokane
- Things to Do in Big Sky, Montana – Skiing and Other Winter Activities to Try on Your Trip to Big Sky
- Joplin: The Ultimate City Guide. Top Attractions, Tourist Tips and Things to Do in Joplin Mo
- The Best Things to Do in Hocking Hills. Top Activities and Attractions