Why Is Wildwood Worth Visiting?
Nestled close to Cape May, Wildwood is the place to go for casual family fun. If you’re looking for an exciting alternative to the typical beach vacation, there are so many things to do in Wildwood, NJ for everyone. You can stay in a motel or a big oceanfront resort, and stick to the beach or visit the upper parts of the town for some mini golf.
As one of New Jersey’s most famous destinations, Wildwood has been drawing visitors since the late 19th century. What began as a modest seaside village with little more than a few small hotels and bathing pavilions is now home to over 40 blocks of shops, restaurants, and attractions, with free entertainment options around every corner.
Since the early 20th century, Wildwood beaches have drawn in some of the East Coast’s most notable visitors – including U.S. presidents Woodrow Wilson and Franklin D. Roosevelt – as well as hundreds of thousands who flock there each summer to take part in their legendary boardwalk festivities.
One thing that truly sets Wildwood apart from other popular summer getaways is its unique architecture. Whether you’re strolling through town or relaxing on the beach, you’ll see everything from stucco cottages to Art Deco masterpieces and contemporary glass condos. This is one of the things that makes Wildwood such a great place to visit – there’s always something new to explore!
Things to Do in Wildwood, NJ – Beach Entertainment
The Wildwood Crest Beach is one of the most popular destinations in the entire city. The beach is lovely, with soft sand and a gorgeous view. It’s also the perfect place to enjoy lots of fun water activities. You can go parasailing, rent a jet ski and more.
We also recommend renting a banana boat ride for your family. This activity is so much fun! You’ll be towed along on a huge yellow banana by a speedboat. It’s an exhilarating and unforgettable experience that everyone should try at least once.
Our favorite thing about the Wildwood Crest Beach is the live entertainment. Every summer, the beach hosts free concerts featuring some big names in music! If you want to hear your favorite music genre live for free, this is the place to be. Additionally, there are tons of festivities held on the beach throughout summer. If you come during July, you can take part in Independence Day celebrations with fireworks and parades. There are many other festivals that happen on or near the beach every week as well.
Things to Do in Wildwood, NJ – The Boardwalk
The first thing that you’ll see as you drive onto the Wildwood boardwalk is the giant Wildwoods Sign surrounded by large beach balls. This is one of the most popular things to do in Wildwood, NJ – taking a picture in front of the sign! The boardwalk is also home to many famous attractions, including Morey’s Piers and Splash Zone Water Park.
Morey’s Piers and Beachfront Water Parks
Morey’s Piers is an iconic amusement park that has been thrilling visitors for over 50 years. With over 100 rides and attractions, it’s a great place to take your family. The park is made up of three different sections – Mariner’s Landing Pier, Adventure Pier, and Raging Waters Water Park. There’s so much to do at Morey’s Piers that you could easily spend an entire day there.
Splash Zone Waterpark
At Splash Zone Waterpark, you can enjoy the thrill of a rapidly spinning funnel ride or the relaxation of a lazy river. Toddlers and kids can splash around in small water slides and play areas. Whether you’re looking for excitement or relaxation, this park is guaranteed to have it.
Ocean Oasis Water Park + Beach Club
This park is located right on the boardwalk in North Wildwood and features a wide array of fun activities for guests of all ages. In addition to water attractions like wave pools, lazy rivers and water slides, there are also snack stands, cabanas and retail shops on the property.
If you love sea life, check out the Seaport Aquarium. Exhibits include sharks, sting rays, and jellyfish. There’s even a touch tank where you can get up close and personal with some sea creatures. Kids will especially love this attraction!
Wildwoods Convention Center
The Wildwoods Convention Center offers a wide range of events throughout the year including concerts, trade shows, conventions, and much more! This venue is also only steps away from the beach and boardwalk.
Attractions in Wildwood Away from the Beach
While most people flock to the beach in Wildwood, there are a few other attractions that make this city a great vacation destination.
- Gateway 26 is an indoor amusement center with arcade games and a bumper car arena. While the arcade is open year-round, the bumper cars are only available from mid-June through Labor Day.
- The Wildwood Recreation Center has miniature golf and go karts for families to enjoy. There’s also a batting cage that can be used by baseball players of all levels. The recreation center is open during the summer months.
- Albert I. Allen Memorial Park offers disc golf to its visitors. Disc golf players are challenged to throw their discs into baskets in as few throws as possible. The course is open year-round, but the best time to play is when the weather is nice.
- Hereford Inlet Lighthouse is definitely worth seeing, especially if you love majestic old buildings. The lighthouse is open for free tours from May until mid-October.
Whether you’re looking for things to do on the beach or away from it, the city has something for everyone. With so many things to do in Wildwood, NJ, you’ll never be bored on your Jersey Shore vacation.
Dining and Drinking in Wildwood, NJ
The city of Wildwood, New Jersey, is a bustling beach town known for its boardwalk, classic restaurants, and eclectic nightlife. There are plenty of places to grab a quick bite or a meal so big you might need a nap afterward, but the city is also filled with fun bars and lively clubs. Here are some suggestions to get you started.
- Salty Mermaid Bar & Grill – This bar and grill is the perfect place to enjoy a cold drink and some fresh seafood away from the beach. The menu features classics like fish tacos, crab cakes, and lobster rolls.
- Seaport Pier Restaurant Bar – This restaurant is located on a pier over the water, so you can enjoy stunning views of the sunset while you eat. The menu has something for everyone, including burgers, salads, pizzas, and seafood.
- Goodnight Irene’s Brew Pub – This is the perfect place to go for a craft beer or cocktail. The pub also has a full menu with burgers, sandwiches, and appetizers.
Enjoy Your Stay in Wildwood to the Fullest!
There are so many things to do in Wildwood, NJ, that you might not know where to start. But with this list of the best things to do in Wildwood, you’re sure to have an amazing vacation. So pack your sunscreen and beach towel and get ready for a fun-filled trip to the Jersey Shore!
- Things to Do in Atlantic City, NJ – Must-See Tourist Attractions of the Jersey Shore
- Things to Do in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware: Tourist Attractions and Outdoor Activities You Cannot Miss
- Things to Do in North Myrtle Beach, SC – Have Fun in the Amusement Park and Explore Myrtle Beach Attractions
- Best Things To Do In Fort Walton Beach, FL: Top Tourist Attractions And Places To Go
- 20 Things to Do in Myrtle Beach for Adults: A Fun and Exciting List of Best Attractions in South Carolina’s Party Town
- Fun Things To Do In Cape May, NJ: Places To Visit And Best Tourist Attractions
- Things to Do in Santa Monica. See Top Tourist Attractions, from Scenic Beaches to Pier Aquarium
- Things to Do in Cocoa Beach, FL: 10 Activities and Tourist Attractions You Don’t Want to Miss