Why Is St Pete Beach Worth Visiting?
Before we get into all the things to do in St Pete Beach, let’s get to know it a bit. It has the beautiful white sands and sparkling blue waters you love without all those extras that wind up making your vacation less than relaxing, such as crowds and hefty prices.
St. Pete Beach has quite a short history. It was first incorporated as an independent town in 1957. Back then, it was named St. Petersburg Beach. In 1994, locals voted to shorten the name in order to distinguish it from the city of St. Petersburg. It may not attract as many visitors as the St. Pete Pier, Salvador Dalí Museum or Sunken Gardens, but it’s a perfect place to relax.
A major reason for the initial popularity of St. Pete Beach was its proximity to Tampa’s population center. At only seven miles away, it’s still one of the most easily accessible beaches in Florida today, but that doesn’t mean it lacks in charm.
Things to Do in St Pete Beach – Beach Activities
Now that we know a little more about St. Pete Beach, let’s get into some of its most popular attractions. The city has plenty of family-friendly activities right on the beach itself, such as:
- kayaking and kayak tours;
- motorboat rentals;
If you’re looking for something a little more low-key, there are plenty of opportunities for leisurely strolls along the shoreline or lounging around on one of the many beautiful beaches.
The Best Beaches in St. Pete Beach
St. Pete Beach is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in all of Florida, and it’s easy to see why so many people flock here for a fantastic beach getaway.
- If you’re looking for a relaxing family-friendly atmosphere with lots of activities, Upham Beach Park is your best bet.
- If you want to be able to watch the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico while sipping on a glass of wine at one of Tampa Bay’s hottest restaurants, then you’ll want to check out Pass-a-Grille Beach.
- Finally, Treasure Island Beach is perfect for those who want to avoid the crowds and really soak up the tranquility of white sand and crystal clear waters.
No matter what your beach preference, you’re sure to find the perfect spot in St. Pete Beach. You might even see some sand sculptures!
Outdoor Activities Away From the Beach
Not everyone wants to spend their whole vacation in the sun and sand. Those who want to get out and explore the area will find plenty of things to do in St Pete Beach.
Colonel Micheal J. Horan Park
This park offers a variety of attractions for the whole family. The nature preserve is home to mangrove forests and salt marshes, which provide habitats for a variety of birds, fish, and other wildlife. You can walk the trails and observe birds in their natural environment. The park also has a playground that overlooks the Boca Ciega Bay.
Shopping Along the Gulf Boulevard
The Gulf Boulevard is home to many shops that you can explore at your leisure. From local art galleries to souvenir shops, you’ll find something that catches your eye! You can also stop into one of the many restaurants along the way – many of them offer breathtaking views of the ocean while you dine.
Beach Escape Game
This is a great activity for families or groups of friends. You’ll have to use your wit and teamwork to solve puzzles and escape the room within 60 minutes! There are several rooms to choose from, and visitors say the puzzles are complex, and the hosts are very kind.
Swim with our Fish
If you’re looking for some unforgettable things to do in St Pete Beach, this hidden gem is perfect for some family fun. They have a huge aquarium where you can snorkel and swim with the fish. They also have a restaurant and a guide to help you identify the different types of fish.
Things to Do in St Pete Beach for Foodies
There’s no shortage of great food and drink options in St. Pete Beach. Whether you’re in the mood for a casual dinner with friends or a romantic date night, we’ve compiled some of our favorite waterfront spots for foodies to visit while you’re there.
- The Mastry’s Brewing Co is the only local brewery that offers craft beer tastings.
- If you’re looking for something more upscale, RumFish Grill is a seafood restaurant with an impressive wine list and a giant fish tank.
- For a casual meal, try out the Drunken Clam – they have great wings and an outdoor patio that’s perfect for people watching.
- To enjoy a freezing-cold drink on the beach, head to Chris’ Beachside Bar. It’s a tiki bar on the city’s main beach.
- And if you’re looking for some place to watch your favorite sports team play, try out Jimmy B’s Beach Bar. They offer live entertainment every night and broadcast all sporting events on their HDTVs.
No matter what your taste, you’re sure to find something delicious in St Pete Beach. Remember to not go in the water while full!
Places to Visit Near St Pete Beach
There are plenty of things to do in St Pete Beach, but if you’re looking for somewhere to go outside the city, there are plenty of options nearby. If you don’t mind a 45-minute drive, the Clearwater Marine Aquarium is the best place to get up close and personal with dolphins and other marine life. There are also a few attractions closer to the city.
Shell Key Preserve
This nature preserve is located on an uninhabited island and is only accessible by boat. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Florida. As the name suggests, there are lots of shells to collect!
Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf
This miniature golf course is located in nearby Madeira Beach. It’s a pirate-themed course with 18 holes, and it’s perfect for a family outing.
Fort De Soto Park
This park is made up of five interconnected islands and offers a variety of things to do, including swimming, fishing, canoeing, picnicking, and more. You can also explore the historic fort that gives the park its name.
Enjoy Your Trip to St Pete Beach!
So, there you have it – a comprehensive guide to things to do in St Pete Beach, FL. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach vacation or a fun-filled adventure, this city has something for everyone. Just remember to pack your sunscreen!
- Things to Do in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores – Hit the Beach and Try All the Fun Activities in Alabama’s Gulf Coast
- Top Things to do in Pensacola, FL. Top Tourist Attractions and Beaches in Pensacola
- Things to Do in Anna Maria Island: The Best Attractions and Things to See in Old Florida Beach Towns
- Best Things To Do In Fort Walton Beach, FL: Top Tourist Attractions And Places To Go
- Top Things To Do In Marco Island, FL: Best Attractions On Southwest Florida
- Things to Do in Clearwater, FL: a Comprehensive Guide to Top 12 Clearwater Attractions
- Who Never Dreamt of Hawaii Tours? Top 10 Things to Do in Hawaii to Tick off Your Hawaii Bucket List. Oahu, Here I Come!
- Things to Do in Venice, FL: Attractions in the Historic Downtown and Places to Go Around Venice and Nokomis