Things to Do in Miami Beach – Downtown
Downtown Miami Beach is home to the world-famous South Beach, Ocean Drive, and Art Deco district. This is the perfect place to start your Miami Beach vacation. In fact, once you get immersed in it, you may not want to leave! Here are some things to do in Miami Beach downtown.
South Beach is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Florida. It’s famous for its white sand beaches, turquoise waters, and Art Deco architecture. This is the perfect place to come for some sun, sand, and waves. There are also:
- scuba diving centers.
For shopping, dining and entertainment, come to the Lincoln Road Mall. This open-air pedestrian mall is full of high-end shops, restaurants, and cafés. It’s the perfect place to people watch and do some window shopping.
If you’re looking for a place to see and be seen, look no further than Ocean Drive. This street is home to some of the best restaurants, bars, and nightclubs in Miami Beach. Come here to people watch, enjoy the scenic views, and maybe do a little shopping. Nightlife is vibrant in Miami Beach!
Art Deco District
The Art Deco district is one of the most unique places in Miami Beach. This area is home to over 800 historic buildings that were built between the 1920s and the 1940s. Many of these buildings have been restored and are now used as hotels, restaurants, and shops. This is the perfect place to come for some history and culture.
Española Way is a historic Spanish village located in the heart of Miami Beach. It’s full of colorfully painted buildings, boutique shops, and restaurants. This is the perfect place to come for some authentic Spanish and Cuban food and culture.
Any Good Places for Outdoor Activities?
Yes, there are plenty of things to do in Miami Beach beyond the four walls! In addition to the world-famous beaches, Miami Beach is home to many parks. The most popular ones include:
- Jungle Island,
- Flamingo Park,
- South Pointe Park,
- Lummus Park.
These parks are perfect for picnics, walking tours, and bird watching. You could also take a stroll along the Miami Beach Boardwalk.
Jungle Island is an interactive zoological park that’s home to over 3,000 animals. This is the perfect place to come for a day of fun and education. There are shows, tours, and animal encounters. General admission is $49 for adults and $37 for children.
Flamingo Park is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. It’s home to a playground, basketball courts, tennis courts, and a swimming pool. This is the perfect place to come to escape the heat and enjoy some recreational activities.
South Pointe Park
South Pointe Park is a 17-acre public park located at the southern tip of Miami Beach. It’s full of walking and biking trails, picnicking areas, and a playground. Come there for some peace and quiet, and you’ll relax in no time.
Miami Beach Botanical Garden
The Miami Beach Botanical Garden is a beautiful oasis in the heart of the city. It’s full of flowers, trees, and walking paths. This is the perfect place to come to escape the hustle and bustle of Miami Beach. General admission is free!
Lummus Park is a 32-acre public park located in the heart of Miami Beach. It’s full of walking and biking trails, picnicking areas, a playground, and a dog park. It’s one of the best places to come for some exercise and fresh air.
Discover the Best Beaches in Miami Beach
What are some good beaches other than the South Beach? If you’re looking for things to do in Miami Beach by the sea, some options are Haulover Beach, Surfside Beach, North Beach, and Mid-Beach.
- Haulover Beach is a clothing-optional beach located north of the city. It’s famous for its pristine white sand beaches and clear blue waters. This is the perfect place to come to sunbathe!
- Surfside Beach is a family-friendly beach located north of the city. It’s famous for its surfing and fishing. This is the perfect place to come to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- North Beach is a secluded beach located in the northern part of Miami Beach. It’s known for its dramatic cliffs and crystal clear waters.
- Mid-Beach is a popular beach located in the middle of Miami Beach. It’s known for its restaurants, bars, and nightlife. This is the perfect place to come to party!
Things to Do in Miami Beach for Art Lovers
There’s no shortage of art galleries and exhibitions in Miami Beach! The most popular places to see art are the Bass Museum of Art and the Wolfsonian-FIU.
The Bass Museum of Art
The Bass is a contemporary art museum with 36,000 square feet of exhibition space. It contains European paintings from the 15th to the 20th century, Asian sculpture and ceramics, and more. Admission is $15 for adults and $8 for students, seniors, and youth.
The Wolfsonian-FIU is a university museum that’s dedicated to art and design. It’s the perfect place to come for a day of culture and education. Admission is $12 for adults and $8 for students, seniors, and children. As a bonus perk, it’s free for Florida residents.
Where to Stay in Miami Beach?
There are lots of great places to stay in Miami Beach, whether you’re looking for a waterfront hotel, a bayside apartment, or a vacation rental. Some of the most popular places to stay include The Standard Spa, Miami Beach Edition, and Faena Hotel Miami Beach.
What About Food?
Miami Beach has no shortage of amazing restaurants, whether you’re looking for fine dining or casual fare. After checking all the things to do in Miami Beach, you could pay a visit to one of the most popular restaurants – Joe’s Stone Crab, Prime 112, and The Forge.
- Joe’s Stone Crab is a seafood restaurant that’s been serving up fresh crabs since 1913.
- Prime 112 is a steakhouse that’s known for its dry-aged beef and fresh seafood.
- The Forge is a fine dining restaurant that’s known for its exquisite cuisine and wine list.
Of course, all of them are very popular, so you’ll need to reserve a table in advance! If you’re looking for something more spontaneous, you’ll find plenty of great restaurants along Lincoln Road.
Attractions Just Outside of Miami Beach
If you’re looking for things to do outside of Miami Beach, there are plenty of great options in South Florida. The Everglades, Biscayne Bay, and the Florida Keys are all just a short drive away. In Miami, there’s also Little Havana, which is a great place to explore Cuban culture, and Wynwood Arts District, which is full of art galleries and street murals.
Planning a Trip to Miami Beach Yet?
Miami Beach is a city full of culture, art, and food. There’s something for everyone to enjoy! Whether you’re looking for things to do in Miami Beach by the sea or on land, you’ll find it all here. So what are you waiting for? Come and explore Miami Beach next summer!
- Top Things To Do In South Beach Miami: Awesome Places And Fun Things To Do
- Things to Do as Family in South Florida – The Best Things to Do with Kids in Miami and Beyond
- Things to Do in North Myrtle Beach, SC – Have Fun in the Amusement Park and Explore Myrtle Beach Attractions
- Pompano Beach, Florida Attractions: Summer Destinations & Best Things to Do in Pompano Beach, FL
- Things to Do in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores – Hit the Beach and Try All the Fun Activities in Alabama’s Gulf Coast
- Fun Things To Do In Tybee Island, GA: Best Tourist Attractions
- The Best Things to Do in South Haven, MI. Beach Vibe and Fun Times in South Haven, Michigan
- Things to Do in Venice, FL: Attractions in the Historic Downtown and Places to Go Around Venice and Nokomis