Find below our complete, unbiased guide to the things to do in Schaumburg. Learn more about major tourist attractions in Schaumburg from the review and infographics below.
Have Fun at Woodfield Mall
If you are looking for a day filled with fun and excitement, then Woodfield Mall is the place to be! This mall has everything that you could possibly want. There are plenty of stores to shop at, restaurants to eat at, and even an arcade to play games in. The mall also offers entertainment such as live music and dance performances.
If you don’t feel like shopping or eating, then maybe you would like to go on a ride? The rides here are amazing! There is everything from roller coasters to bumper cars available for your enjoyment.
Go to the Movies
There is also a movie theater located inside the mall where you can see all the latest films playing at the moment. You can also grab a bite to eat while watching your favorite movie on the big screen. Or maybe you would like to try some activities that require more work than just sitting down? We have plenty of options available for those who like getting their hands dirty or playing games that require skill instead of luck!
Things to Do in Schaumburg with Kids: Legoland Discovery Center
Legoland Discovery Center is an indoor amusement park that features rides, games and exhibits based on Lego characters and themes. The park offers interactive experiences that allow visitors to build their own Lego creations, as well as play with some of their most popular toys.
There are also several rides at Legoland Discovery Center, including a roller coaster and a drop tower where guests can experience being dropped from up high into a pit filled with Lego bricks! The park also features an outdoor playground for kids who enjoy playing outside year round. More things to do in Schaumburg with kids? Read on!
Firezone in Schaumburg is a great place for kids to play with friends and family. There are a lot of different things to do at Firezone that will keep you busy for hours!
- First, there is the indoor playground. Your kids can climb up the walls, slide down slides, jump off platforms and even get wet in the splash pad! This is an amazing place for kids of all ages and abilities.
- Next, there are several attractions inside the main building. There is an arcade with tons of games where you can win tickets to use at gift shops or towards prizes like giant stuffed animals. There is even a laser tag arena if you want to try something new! If you’re looking for something more mellow, there are also plenty of TVs around, so you can watch sports while eating one of their delicious pizzas or burgers!
- Finally, if you want something unique, then check out the paintball arena. This is one of our favorite parts because it allows kids (and adults!) to let out their inner warriors, firefighters, princesses and princes! You can have fun shooting each other with water guns or paintballs, which makes this attraction perfect for anyone who loves getting dirty.
Enjoy Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament
Medieval Times is the perfect place for families and friends to come together for some great food and entertainment. This dinner show will entertain guests with a feast fit for kings, jousting battles between knights, and an evening full of excitement. Themed around medieval times, this dinner show features a feast fit for kings that includes chicken or steak with fixings such as garlic bread, roasted potatoes, salad and dessert.
Guests are also treated to a show that features high-flying horses, acrobats and magicians. Medieval Times has many locations throughout the United States; however, the Schaumburg location is open year round!
Arlington Race Track & International Festival of Racing
Schaumburg was once home to this famous horse racing track, which was built in the late 1900s as part of Arlington Park Racecourse. The track was closed down after being sold to Hollywood Casino, but later reopened as Arlington International Racecourse due to popular demand from locals who wanted their favorite racetrack back! There are plenty of events held at this facility each year, including the Arlington Million Stakes race, where you can watch some of the world’s best racehorses compete for glory!
Chicago Athenaeum International Sculpture Park
Chicago Athenaeum International Sculpture Park is a park that features sculptures from different artists. The park was founded in 1988 and is located in the Chicago Loop. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Illinois. The park has an outdoor area, where you can enjoy the sculptures and take pictures. There is also an indoor gallery where you can see some of the sculptures on display.
If you are close by, don’t miss the art attractions, such as the Cloud Gate and Crown Fountain by Anish Kapoor, which are two of the most popular attractions in Chicago. You can also see other works by famous artists, so don’t hesitate if you are into arts!
Spring Valley Nature Sanctuary
If you are looking for outdoorsy things to do in Schaumburg or a peaceful place to relax and get in touch with nature, Spring Valley Nature Sanctuary is the place for you. It is one of the oldest parks in Schaumburg and has been providing residents with an escape from the city for over 85 years. The park is located at 111 E. Schaumburg Road, 60194 and is open from dawn until dusk every day of the year.
The park is home to many types of trees including oak, maple, hickory and birch. You will also see a wide variety of birds at Spring Valley Nature Sanctuary including warblers, sparrows and cardinals. There are also several rabbits that live at the sanctuary, so keep your eyes peeled!
Schaumburg Aquatic Center
If you are looking for something different to do with the family, then we recommend checking out the Schaumburg Aquatic Center, which features two indoor pools (one indoor lap pool and one recreation pool) as well as two outdoor pools (one outdoor lap pool and one recreation pool). There are also two hot tubs available for use, as well as locker rooms located within each facility.
That’s it, guys! As you can see, there are a lot of great things to do in Schaumburg, so pack your bags and start planning your trip!
- Things to Do in Arlington, VA: Attractions to Visit in Arlington to Learn About the Military and More
- Things to Do in Arlington, TX: 11 Best Places to Go and Attractions in Arlington Texas
- Exploring Erie? Here Are the Best Things to Do in Erie, PA: A Guide to the Top Tourist Attractions around Lake Erie
- Things to Do in Frisco, TX: The Best Tourist Attractions in Frisco and Places to Go with Kids
- Things to Do in Bakersfield! Discover This Californian City’s Top Attractions
- Best Things To Do In Aspen Colorado: Top Tourist Attractions And Interesting Things To See
- Top Things to Do in Irvine, California: Tourist Attractions and Places to Go
- Things to Do in North Myrtle Beach, SC – Have Fun in the Amusement Park and Explore Myrtle Beach Attractions