Why Is Frisco Worth Visiting?
Before we walk through all the things to do in Frisco, TX, let’s see what makes it special. The city of Frisco is located in Collin and Denton Counties. It is part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and is situated between Plano and Lewisville Lake.
Frisco has a population of approximately 215,000 people, and it’s one of the fastest growing cities in America. In fact, Forbes Magazine named Frisco as one of their top 10 places to live in the U.S., citing its low crime rate and excellent quality of life as factors that make it a great place to live.
Frisco is also home to Toyota Stadium, which hosts FC Dallas soccer games during the summer months when they play at home instead of at AT&T Stadium in Arlington (home field for the Dallas Cowboys). For tourists, there are a number of things to do in Frisco, TX. Keep reading and write down whatever interests you!
Things to Do in Frisco, TX for History Buffs
If you’re interested in things to do in Frisco, TX that focus on the city’s history, there are a few options. The Frisco Heritage Museum is a great place to learn about the early settlers of Frisco and how they lived. There are railroad memorabilia, a turn-of-century printing press, and a theater of old movies among other exhibits.
For something a little different, take a walk through downtown and Frisco Square to see some of the historic buildings that have been restored. The Frisco Discovery Center is also worth a visit. It was built in 2002 and has since become one of the most popular things to do in Frisco, TX. The building complex contains:
- National Videogame Museum – the only museum in America dedicated to the history of video games;
- TrainTopia (Museum of the American Railroad) – a hands-on museum where you can learn about the science and engineering of trains;
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center – an interactive science museum with permanent and rotating exhibits, including building challenges. It’s one of the best things to do in Frisco, TX with kids.
Outdoor Things to Do in Frisco, TX
Frisco is a great place for outdoor activities. There are over 200 miles of hike and bike trails, and the city has been designated as a “Bicycle-Friendly Community” by the League of American Bicyclists. If you’re looking for things to do in Frisco, TX that get you out in nature, here are a few things to consider.
- Take a hike or bike ride on one of the many trails in Frisco.
- Visit the Frisco Commons Park, which has a playground, dog park, and pond.
- Go fishing at one of the city’s lakes, such as Lewisville Lake or Lake Ray Hubbard.
- Visit the Frisco Athletic Center, which has an outdoor water park and a crossing pond.
Some peaceful parks to stroll through include the Hidden Cove Park and Marina, Grand Park, and Beavers Bend Park.
Sports and Other Active Things to Do in Frisco, TX
Frisco is home to a number of professional and amateur sports teams, so if you’re looking for things to do in Frisco, TX that are active and involve watching or playing sports, there are plenty of options.
The Dallas Cowboys have their world headquarters and practice facility in Frisco, so you can take a tour of the facility or catch a training camp practice. Dr Pepper Ballpark is the home of Frisco RoughRiders, a Minor League baseball team.
Frisco is also home to the Texas Legends, a D-League team that is affiliated with the Dallas Mavericks, and FC Dallas of Major League Soccer. Other options are:
- playing golf at one of the city’s many courses, such as the Trails of Frisco Golf Club, Frisco Lakes Golf Club or Plantation Golf Club;
- ice skating at the Dr Pepper Arena;
- spending an afternoon in the Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park, which has things like a rock climbing wall, dodgeball, and a sky rider indoor coaster.
Cultural Attractions in Frisco – Music, Art and Theater
Frisco is a culturally rich city, and there are a number of things to do in Frisco, TX that involve the arts. Texas Sculpture Garden is a must-see for art lovers, and the Gatherhouse hosts glassblowing classes if you’re interested in trying something new.
The Frisco School of Music offers classes and private lessons in a variety of instruments, and the Frisco Performing Arts Center hosts musicals, ballets and other performances throughout the year. For theater lovers, there is Theatre Frisco. And last but not least, the Frisco Art Gallery at Frisco Discovery Center is a great place to see local artwork.
Things to Do with Kids in Frisco
If you’re looking for things to do in Frisco, TX with kids, there are plenty of options. The Frisco Athletic Center has an outdoor water park, and the Sci-Tech Discovery Center is an interactive science museum with permanent and rotating exhibits.
For something a little different, take a walk through downtown and see some public art, or visit one of the city’s many parks with playgrounds. And of course, you can’t go to Frisco without taking a tour of the Dallas Cowboys headquarters and seeing where America’s team practices.
After a long day of walking, take your family to Stonebriar Centre for some good food and shopping. There’s also a merry-go-round for kids in the food court!
Visit Frisco and Discover One of the Best Cities to Live in the U.S.
Frisco, TX is a great place to live, work and raise a family. It’s also a great place to visit, with plenty of things to do for everyone in the family. So come and visit – you won’t be disappointed!
What are your favorite things to do in Frisco, TX? Let us know in the comments below!
- Things to Do in Dallas with Kids – Family-Friendly Attractions and Activities in Dallas Your Kids Will Love
- Things to Do in Arlington, TX: 11 Best Places to Go and Attractions in Arlington Texas
- 10 Things to Do in Grapevine, TX: Top Attractions in Grapevine Texas
- A Friendly Guide on Best Things to Do in Amarillo. Top Attractions and Best Sights in Amarillo Texas with Kids
- Things to Do in Rockford, IL. We’ve Compiled a List of Top Rockford Tourist Attractions and Best Places to Go
- Fun Things to Do in Paducah, KY: Best Tourist Attractions and Places to Go
- Things to Do in Houston with Kids. Top Attractions, from Houston Museum of Natural Science to Space Center Houston
- Fun Attractions and Things to Do in Bloomington, IL: A Traveler’s Guide to the City of Bloomington