From world-famous Waikiki Beach to stunning waterfalls and lush rainforest, there’s something for everyone in Hawaii. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best things to do in Hawaii. So put on your sunscreen and get ready for a Hawaiian adventure!
Hawaiian Beach Life
One of the best things to do in Hawaii is to spend time on one of its many beaches. With over 750 miles of coastline, there’s no shortage of beach activities in Hawaii. Whether you’re looking to relax on the sand or catch some waves, Hawaii’s beaches have something for everyone. And don’t forget to check out Oahu’s famous North Shore, home to some of the best surfing in the world.
Attractions for the Active Holidaymaker
If you’re looking for a more active vacation, there are plenty of things to do in Hawaii beyond lounging on the beach. Hiking is a popular activity in Hawaii, and there are trails suitable for all skill levels. One of the most popular hiking trails is Diamond Head State Monument, which offers breathtaking views of Honolulu and Waikiki Beach. For a more challenging hike, try the Kalalau Trail on Kauai’s Napali Coast.
Activities in Hawaii with Kids
If you’re traveling with kids, there are plenty of things to do in Hawaii that will keep them entertained. Oahu’s Sea Life Park is a great place to learn about Hawaiian marine life and even swim with dolphins. The Maui Ocean Center is another popular spot for families, where you can see sharks, rays, and other sea creatures up close. And don’t forget to check out Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island, where you can see active volcanoes and go on hikes through lava tubes.
Quiet Sand Beaches and Hidden Waterfalls off the Beaten Path
Looking to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life? Check out one of Hawaii’s many less-known non-tourist spots. From secluded beaches to hidden waterfalls, there are plenty of places in Hawaii where you can find peace and quiet. Molokini Crater is a great snorkeling spot that’s only accessible by boat. It’s located just off the coast of Maui and is home to a variety of tropical fish and coral reefs. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve is another great place to go snorkeling, and it’s also a wildlife sanctuary where you can see Hawaiian green sea turtles.
Now all you need to do is get to know the marvelous islands of Hawaii and choose which one you want to visit! Continue reading!
If you’re looking for a place to relax and unwind, try Waimanalo Beach on Oahu’s east coast. This secluded beach is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking. For a more adventurous experience, hike to Manawaiopuna Falls on Kauai. Also known as “Jurassic Park Falls,” this 400-foot waterfall is only accessible by helicopter or via a challenging hike. If you like whale watching, this place is for you! The coast of Honolulu will never disappoint you. If you are a surfer, you will need to head up north if the island to Waimea. The waves are amazing!
Maui is the second-biggest island in the Hawaiian Islands. It is a very beautiful place with beaches, water, and lizards. You can have fun on Maui by having a meal at the world’s largest open-air luau. You can also go to the beach, swim, and play in the water. There are also many fun activities for kids on Maui, such as going to the Maui Ocean Center and learning about Hawaiian marine life.
Kauai is an island in Hawaii that is known for its dramatic cliffs, hiking trails, and beaches. One of the best things to do on Kauai is hike the Kalalau Trail. This trail takes you through Kauai’s Napali Coast, which is home to some of the most breathtaking views in Hawaii. Another great activity on Kauai is snorkeling at Molok Crater. This popular snorkeling spot is only accessible by boat and is home to a variety of tropical fish and coral reefs.
Polynesian Cultural Center
The Polynesian Cultural Center is a must-see attraction for anyone visiting Hawaii. This 42-acre campus features exhibits and performances that celebrate the cultures of Polynesia. You can see traditional huts, learn about the art of tattooing, and watch performances by island dancers and drummers. The Polynesian Cultural Center is also home to the world’s largest open-air luau, where you can enjoy a traditional Hawaiian feast.
Kona is one of the most popular destinations on the Big Island of Hawaii. Thanks to its lovely white-sand beaches, Kona is a favorite spot for swimming, sunbathing, and snorkeling. The clear, blue waters are also perfect for diving and fishing. In addition to its natural beauty, Kona is home to a variety of restaurants and shops, making it the perfect place to spend a day or two.
Top 10 Things to Do in Hawaii
Looking for more things to do in Hawaii? These are our favorite picks! Check out our list of the top ten attractions in Hawaii:
- Waikiki Beach: This world-famous beach is a must-see on any Hawaiian vacation. With its white sand beaches and turquoise waters, Waikiki is the perfect place to relax and soak up the sun.
- Diamond Head State Monument: Hike to the top of Diamond Head for stunning views of Honolulu and Waikiki Beach. The trail is about a mile long and takes about an hour to complete.
- Maui Ocean Center: This marine life park is one of the best places in Hawaii to see sharks, rays, and other sea creatures up close.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: See active volcanoes and go on hikes through volcanic lava tubes at this national park on the Big Island.
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve: This preserve is a great place for snorkeling, and it’s also a wildlife sanctuary where you can see Hawaiian green sea turtles.
- Manawaiopuna Falls: Also known as “Jurassic Park Falls,” this 400-foot waterfall is only accessible by helicopter or via a challenging 11-mile hike.
- Molok Crater: This popular snorkeling spot is only accessible by boat and is home to a variety of tropical fish and coral reefs.
- Waimanalo Beach: This secluded beach is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
- Kauai Napali Coast: Hike the Kalalau Trail for breathtaking views of the ocean and Kauai’s dramatic cliffs.
- Oahu Sea Life Park: Learn about Hawaiian marine life and even swim with dolphins at this park on Oahu.
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip to Hawaii today! There’s no shortage of things to do in this breathtakingly beautiful state. From world-famous beaches to hidden waterfalls, to botanical gardens, breathtaking views in Hilo and historical Pearl Harbor, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience. Mahalo!
- Things to Do in Hilo: Attractions in Hilo You Won’t Regret Visiting on Your Day Trip to the Island of Hawaii
- Everything You’re Dreaming of, from Snorkeling to Surfing. Things to Do in Honolulu in Oahu in an Easy Guide
- Things to Do in Siesta Key, FL. Perfect Beaches, Stunning Sunsets and Tourist Attractions
- Things to Do in St Thomas, US Virgin Islands: 10+ Tourist Attractions You Don’t Want to Miss
- Things to Do in St Croix, US Virgin Islands – The Best Tourist Attractions and Other Places to Visit in Saint Croix
- Top Things to Do in Montauk. Top Attractions & Places to Go in This Vibrant Long Island City
- Things to Do in Marathon, FL: A Guide to the Best Attractions in Marathon Florida, Heart of the Florida Keys
- Top Things To Do In Marco Island, FL: Best Attractions On Southwest Florida