Bend, Oregon is said to have everything and more. From endless outdoor activities to enjoying the arts and nightlife, there’s something for everyone in Bend. If you’re looking for a fun weekend escape or even just an afternoon of adventure, these are some of the top things to do in Bend, Oregon.
Things to Do in Bend, Oregon for Nature Lovers
If you’re looking for an outdoor adventure, Bend, Oregon is the place to be! From hiking and biking to rafting and fishing, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy. Here are some of the best things to do in Bend for nature lovers.
If you find yourself in Bend, Oregon, be sure to check out Tumalo Falls! This beautiful waterfall is located just outside of town and is a perfect place to take a hike, have a picnic, or just enjoy the scenery. The falls are especially lovely in the springtime when the snowmelt is at its peak. The falls are beautiful and easy to access, making them a popular spot for hikers and photographers.
Newberry National Volcanic Monument
There are plenty of things to do in Bend, Oregon, but a trip to the Newberry National Volcanic Monument is a must. The monument is home to the most recent volcanic eruption in the United States, and offers visitors stunning views of the volcano and its surroundings. There are also plenty of hiking trails to explore, as well as opportunities to learn about the area’s geology.
Deschutes National Forest
Situated at the base of the majestic Deschutes National Forest, this outdoor paradise offers an array of activities for every season. In the summer, take advantage of the warm weather and sunny skies by hiking, mountain biking or camping in the forest. Or cool off by floating down the Deschutes River. Autumn brings stunning views of the changing leaves, perfect for a leisurely drive or scenic hike. And in the winter, hit the slopes at one of Bend’s nearby snowboarding and ski resorts.
Smith Rock State Park
If you’re looking for a great outdoor adventure, Smith Rock State Park is the place to be. With its stunning views and miles of hiking trails, it’s no wonder that this park is a favorite among locals and visitors alike. Be sure to check out the Misery Ridge Trail for a challenging hike with amazing views, or head to the Crooked River for a leisurely float trip. And don’t forget to bring your camera – you’ll want to capture the beauty of this special place!
Lava River Cave
This cave is located near Mount Bachelor and is said to be one of the longest caves in Oregon. Visitors can explore its length on foot or by bike. You’ll find a number of different stalactites and stalagmites in the cave, as well as lava tubes and a river that runs through it. There’s also a visitor’s center near the entrance to the cave where you can learn more about its history and geology. So if you’re looking for a fun and educational activity to do near Bend, the Lava River Cave is definitely worth your time.
Other Outdoor Activities
The other great thing to do in Bend is to visit Pilot Butte. This cinder cone volcano is a great place to hike, and the views from the top are incredible. You can also drive to the top of Pilot Butte for an even better view of the city.
You can also visit Drake Park, which features a large playground, a disc golf course, and plenty of green space for picnicking or just taking a stroll. In the summer, the park also has a swimming pool and wading pool. If you’re looking for something more active to do, Drake Park is also home to a BMX track and a skate park.
High Desert Museum – for History Enthusiasts
The High Desert Museum is a great place to learn about the natural and cultural history of Central Oregon. The museum offers a variety of exhibits, programs, and events that educate and entertain visitors of all ages.
One of the most popular attractions at the museum is the wildlife exhibit. It features a variety of animals that live in the Central Oregon region, including coyotes, badgers, deer, and elk. Visitors can get up close and personal with these animals by walking through the exhibit or participating in one of the museum’s animal programs.
Another popular attraction at the High Desert Museum is the Native American exhibit. It tells the story of the first people to inhabit the Central Oregon region. It features displays of traditional clothing, art, and tools, as well as interactive activities that allow visitors to learn about the culture and history of the Native Americans.
Things to Do in Bend, Oregon. Cuisine and Nightlife
This charming town in the heart of the Cascade Mountains has something for everyone. Food lovers can enjoy a wide range of cuisine options, from casual cafés to fine dining restaurants. And when the sun goes down, there’s plenty of nightlife to keep you entertained, from cozy bars to lively clubs.
Why not check out some of the local breweries? There are plenty of them to choose from, and each one offers something unique. Here are just a few of the best breweries in Bend:
- Deschutes Brewery: this is one of the oldest and most well-known breweries around Bend. They offer a variety of different beers, as well as a popular pub menu.
- 10 Barrel Brewing: this brewery is known for its unique and delicious beers. They have a wide selection to select from, so you’re sure to find something you’ll love.
- Silver Moon Brewing: this brewery is a great place to go for a casual drink with friends. They have a large patio where you can relax and enjoy your beer.
Downtown Bend is one of the best things about the city. This vibrant and historic district offers a variety of shops, restaurants, and bars, as well as many cultural attractions. Here are just a few of the many things to do in downtown Bend:
- Explore the Old Mill District. It is a historic district that was once home to Bend’s sawmill industry. Today, it is a vibrant hub for shopping, dining, and nightlife.
- If you are hungry, there are plenty of great places to eat in Bend. For breakfast, try The Victorian Café or Wet Woody’s Juice Bar. For lunch or dinner, check out one of Bend’s many fantastic restaurants, such as Zydeco Kitchen & Cocktails or 10 Barrel Brewing Company.
As you can see, there are many reasons to visit Bend. It’s a great place for nature lovers, as well as people who just want to relax in a local restaurant. Which things to do in Bend, Oregon are your favorite?
- Top Things To Do In Newport, Oregon: Top Attractions From Beaches To Historic Places
- Things to Do in Broken Bow, OK – Stay in a Cabin and Take in the Breathtaking Beavers Bend State Park in Oklahoma
- The Ultimate Guide: Top Things to Do in Seaside Oregon and Best Tourist Attractions
- Things to Do in Astoria, Oregon: A Guide to the Best Tourist Attractions in Astoria
- The Definitive List of Things to Do in Salem, Oregon State. Attractions for Day Trips, Fun Activities & More
- More Than Just Hiking, aka 10 Things to Do in Zion National Park, Utah: A Guide for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- Top 10 Things to Do in Lincoln City, Oregon. A Friendly Guide
- Top 11 Things to Do in Eugene, Oregon: 10 Attractions and Fun Activities