Museum of Regional History
The Museum of Regional History is an interesting tourist attraction in Texarkana (Texas). It provides visitors with an insight into the history of the area, including its Native American heritage and early settlers. The museum also features exhibits about local businesses that have shaped Texarkana.
The museum has several exhibits, including one about the Civil War, another about local businesses, and one that focuses on the history of oil in Texarkana (Texas). The museum also features a number of historical artifacts from various periods in history that are displayed throughout its galleries.
The Ace of Clubs House
The Ace of Clubs House is one of the most haunted homes in Texas. It was built in 1885 and is located in Texarkana, AR on a road called Spoke Lane. The house has been featured on several television shows including Ghost Adventures, Christmas Castles Ghost Lab.
The house is said to be haunted by several ghosts, including a little boy named Billy who died from drowning in the backyard pool and an elderly woman named Edna who died from complications related to Alzheimer’s disease. Spooky!
More Things to Do in Texarkana for History Buffs
If you’re out of historical things to do in Texarkana, check out Texarkana’s Historic Downtown District, located on State Line Avenue. This historical district has several buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places. You can visit many shops, restaurants, museums and more while you’re there!
Another thing to do while you are visiting downtown Texarkana are the stores. It’s filled with shops, restaurants and other attractions such as a movie theater, an art gallery and several museums including: The Museum of East Texas, Texarkana Children’s Museum. If you love shopping, go to: Gibson Heights, Central Mall, Oaklawn Village, Richmond Square, Town West, Richmond Marketplace, Richmond Ranch orWest Park Plaza, as well as Walmart Super Centers in both Arkansas and Texas.
Things to Do in Texarkana for Kids
The Discovery Place Children’s Museum is one of the best places to visit in Texarkana. The museum is located in downtown Texarkana, and it is the perfect place for kids of all ages. The museum features fun exhibits, a gift shop, and a restaurant. The exhibits include an underwater world, a Victorian dollhouse and a pirate ship. There are also two play areas for children who want to run around after spending time looking at the exhibits.
Outdoorsy Things to Do in Texarkana: Spring Lake Park
Spring Lake Park is located at 2501 Spring Lake Drive in Texarkana, Texas. It is a beautiful park with a lake that has boats for rent, picnic areas, fishing and other fun activities. There is also a playground for children and a walking trail that goes around the entire park.
The park also hosts many events throughout the year including Easter egg hunts, fireworks display on New Year’s Eve, Fourth of July celebration and many more!
Active things to do at Spring Lake Park:
- Go boating: rent one of their boats and take it out onto the lake for some fun! Take your family or friends along with you on this adventure!
- Fishing: catch some fish from their lake or try your luck at fishing from shore! Bring your rod along with you so that you can try your luck at catching some fish! There are several types of fish in their lake including catfish, bass and more! They even have boats available for rent if you would rather not fish from shore.
- Picnic areas: bring all of your food and snacks along with you so that you can have a nice picnic while enjoying this beautiful park! There are plenty of picnic tables available for use.
Wright Patman Lake
The Wright Patman Lake is a reservoir located near the city of Texarkana, Texas. The lake was named after the former American politician from Texas, Wright Patman. The lake covers thousands of acres and has a shoreline of hundreds of miles. The lake is a popular destination for water sports including swimming, fishing, water-skiing and wakeboarding. There are also plenty of nature trails in the area for hikers to explore and enjoy their time outdoors. Still looking for more things to do in Texarkana? Read on!
One of the best things to do in Texarkana is a visit to the Perot Theatre. It is a beautiful theater that was built in 1924 and has been renovated several times. It holds a national landmark status, so we recommend paying it a visit!
The theater is located at 420 Pine Street, Texarkana, Texas 75501 and is a popular tourist attraction for people who come to this charming city. The lobby of the theater has been updated so that it looks like it did back in the early 1900s when it first opened. There are some interesting displays that show what life was like back then and how many things have changed over time. Visitors can also enjoy watching some of the old movies that were filmed there over the years.
P. J. Ahern Home
This beautiful mansion was built in 1906 by Texarkana’s founder and first mayor, Patrick J. Ahern. The home is located near downtown Texarkana, Texas. It is on the National Register of Historic Places and has been restored to its original grandeur. The house was built in the Victorian style with Greek Revival elements, which were very popular during the late nineteenth century.
The grounds surrounding P. J. Ahern Home are quite extravagant with many oak trees, including a live oak tree that is over 100 years old and has a circumference of 9 feet (2 meters).
State Line Post Office and Federal Building
The State Line Post Office and Federal Building in Texarkana (the most photographed building) is a great place to start. This historic building is located at the corner of State Line Road and Spring Street, and it’s the most photographed building in the city. The building was constructed as a federal post office and customs station. It was also used as a courthouse.
As you can see, there are a lot of fun things to do in Texarkana! We hope you enjoyed the reading! Happy travels and see you soon!
- Things to Do in San Marcos, TX – Places to Go and Popular Tourist Attractions in San Marcos
- The Best Things to Do in Abilene TX: Tourist Attractions, Sights and Places to Visit
- Top Things To Do In Lubbock – Best Attractions In Lubbock, Places To Go And Fun Things To Do With Kids
- Things to Do in Tyler, TX. Best Attractions Guide on the Biggest City of East Texas
- Top Things To Do In New Braunfels: Best Attractions, Places To Visit and Things To Do Near New Braunfels
- Things to Do in Frisco, TX: The Best Tourist Attractions in Frisco and Places to Go with Kids
- Métro de Paris: Paris Metro Lines, Ticket Prices and Metro Safety
- Things to Do in Arlington, TX: 11 Best Places to Go and Attractions in Arlington Texas