Moab, Utah is a tourist hotspot for outdoor enthusiasts. There are plenty of things to do in Moab, no matter what your interests are. From hiking and biking trails to ancient ruins and off-road driving, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant town. Here’s a guide to some of the best activities in Moab.
Things to do in Moab: Visit Arches National Park
Arches National Park is one of the most iconic and popular parks in the United States. The park is home to over 2,000 natural sandstone arches, as well as many other unique rock formations.
The best time to visit Arches National Park is during the spring or fall months when the weather is more mild. However, the park is open year-round and offers different activities and attractions depending on the season.
There are a variety of hiking trails throughout the park with varying degrees of difficulty, so there is something for everyone. The most popular hike is to Delicate Arch, which is a 3-mile round trip hike that leads to one of the most iconic sandstone arches in the park.
In addition to hiking, there are also many other activities to enjoy in Arches National Park. Rock climbing is a popular activity, and there are several guided tours available.
Hike the Trails at Canyonlands National Park
One of the best things in Moab is Canyonlands National Park and its numerous hiking trails. There are trails for all skill levels, so everyone can find a hike that’s perfect for them. And with stunning views of canyons, rivers, and mountains, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience.
Some of the most popular trails in this park:
- Island in the Sky – it is home to numerous easy and moderate trails that offer incredible views of canyons and rivers. If you’re looking for a challenge, there are also some strenuous hikes available.
- The Needles – this district is perfect for those who love hiking and backpacking. With its many trails and diverse terrain, there’s something for everyone in this part of the park.
- The Maze – this district is the most remote and least visited part of the park. It’s also home to some of the most challenging hikes in the park. If you’re up for an adventure, this is the place for you.
Drive the Scenic Byway Through Dead Horse Point State Park
Dead Horse State Park is one of the most popular destinations near Moab. The park offers stunning views of the Colorado River and Canyonlands National Park. Visitors can explore more than 2,000 acres of red rock cliffs, canyons, and plateaus. Dead Horse Point is a great place to hike, bike, and picnic. There are also several campsites and cabins available for overnight stays.
If you’re looking for a scenic drive, be sure to check out the Dead Horse Point State Park Scenic Byway. This 13-mile road winds through the park and offers some of the most beautiful views around Moab. The byway is open year-round, but it’s especially scenic in the spring and fall when the leaves are changing color.
Go Rafting or Canoeing on the Colorado River
There are many different ways to experience the Colorado River in Moab, Utah. You can go white water rafting or canoeing down the river, or you can hike or bike along the many trails that run alongside it. It is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery or go on a rafting trip along the Colorado River.
Visit Moab Giants Dinosaur Park
If you’re looking for a fun and educational family thing to do in Moab, visit the Moab Giants Dinosaur Park in Moab, Utah. This park is home to life-sized dinosaur replicas, as well as exhibits on the history of dinosaurs. There’s also a playground and picnic area, so you can enjoy a full day at the park. It’s a great place to go with kids.
Trip to Moab: Mountain Biking
Moab, Utah is one of the most popular mountain biking destinations in the United States. The area features hundreds of miles of trails, ranging from easy to expert level. Moab also has several bike shops and rental companies, making it easy to get started on your biking adventure.
If you’re new to mountain biking, or just visiting the area, be sure to check out the Slickrock Trail. This iconic trail is one of the most popular in Moab, and offers a challenging ride for all skill levels. For a more beginner-friendly route, try the Porcupine Rim Trail. This 14-mile route offers up stunning views of the surrounding landscape, and is a great way to get introduced to mountain biking in Moab.
Once you’ve worked up a sweat, there’s no better way to cool off than by taking a dip in one of Moab’s many natural pools. The Mill Creek Swimming Hole is a local favorite, and is the perfect spot to take a break from riding and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Explore Downtown Moab
If you’re looking for more things to do in Moab, Utah, be sure to check out the Museum of Moab. It’s a great place to learn about the history and culture of the area, and it’s also home to some fascinating exhibits. Be sure to check out the Moab Brewery. It’s one of the most popular attractions in town, and it offers some great local beers that you can’t find anywhere else.
What else to do in Moab, Utah:
- Visit Moab Adventure Center – it is the perfect place to start your adventure. They offer a variety of activities and services that will help you make the most of your time in Moab. From jeep tours and biking to rafting and canoeing, they have something for everyone.
- Go to Moab Vallery for ballooning. It is a great way to see the world from a different perspective, and it is an experience you will never forget.
- Go on a day trip and admire desert landscape. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, Moab, Utah is the perfect place for a day trip.
Thanks to many outdoor activities and exciting things to do in Moab, Utah, it is a great place to visit for people who seek for adventure.
- Fun Things to Do in Utah: A Guide to the Best Attractions, Winter Activities, National Parks and Salt Lake City
- Things to Do in St George, Utah. Complete Travel Guide on This Ravishing Town
- Things to Do in Provo, Utah: Tourist Attractions to Visit and the Best UT Places to Go for Scenic Views
- The Best Things to Do in Salt Lake City Utah: A Complete Guide. Outdoor Activities in Park City and Top Things to See
- Things to Do in Park City, Utah. From Winter Activities in Ski Resorts to Park City in the Summer
- Arc de Triomphe in Paris (l’Arc de Triomphe): Parisian Monument From Napoleonic Times
- A Canyon Paradise. Top Things to Do in Page, AZ: Tourist Attractions and Beyond
- Things to Do in Aurora, CO: Attractions in Aurora to Visit When You’re Staying in the Mile-High City