Lakeland, FL is a city in Polk County (central Florida) that is known for its lakes and recreation areas. Lakeland is home to several colleges and universities, including Florida Southern College and Southeastern University. The city also hosts several annual events, including the SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo. Visitors to Lakeland can enjoy fishing, boating, hiking, and other outdoor activities. There are also several restaurants and shopping centers in the city.
We’ve created a list of the best things to do in Lakeland, FL. Let’s get started!
Things to Do in Lakeland, FL: Take a Tour at the Circle B Bar Reserve
If you are looking for things to do in Lakeland, FL, the Circle B Bar Reserve is the best option to get started. It is a nature lover’s paradise. In addition to being home to a variety of wildlife, the reserve also features hiking trails, kayaking, and bird watching.
Visitors can take a tour of the reserve to learn more about its history and ecology. The tour includes a visit to the on-site museum, which houses exhibits on the reserve’s wildlife and plants. The tour also takes visitors through the nature trails, where they can see firsthand the variety of wildlife that call the reserve home. These include raccoons, alligators, and many different types of birds.
Explore Downtown Lakeland
There’s plenty to do in downtown Lakeland, from shopping and dining to exploring the local history. If you’re looking for something to do, start with a stroll down Main Street. You’ll find plenty of shops and restaurants to keep you busy, as well as some of the city’s most historic buildings. If you’re up for a little more adventure, head to one of the nearby parks or lakes for a hike or a swim. No matter what you’re looking for, you’ll find it in the downtown area.
If you’re looking for shopping, Main Street is the place to be. You’ll find plenty of unique shops selling everything from clothes and jewelry to home goods and antiques. Try some shopping at the Flea Market, where you’ll find items from consignment shops and antique stores as well as vintage goods and collectibles.
See a Show at the Polk Theatre
Looking for things to do in Lakeland, FL, for the evening? Be sure to check out the Polk Theatre for a unique movie-going experience. You’ll find an impressive selection of films, with something for everyone, and you’ll also enjoy the elaborate art deco architecture and intimate atmosphere of this classic theater. So grab some popcorn, sit back, relax, and enjoy a great movie at Polk Theatre!
With so many movies to choose from, deciding what to see can be hard. Luckily for you, Polk Theatre has a great collection of films that are sure to please. Whether you want to check out a classic like Casablanca, an independent film like Little Miss Sunshine, or a foreign film such as In Bruges, Polk Theatre has something for everyone.
Stroll Down Through Hollis Garden
If you’re ever in Lakeland, Florida, be sure to take a stroll down Hollis Garden. This beautiful garden is located in the heart of the city and is filled with stunning flowers and plants.
Hollis Garden is a great place to spend some time relaxing while enjoying the beautiful scenery. The garden is home to a variety of blooming flowers and trees and a stunning Swan Fountain, as well as several different ponds and rock formations throughout the park.
Visitors can also stop by the gift shop on their way out to purchase a souvenir. Whether you’re looking for something practical like a t-shirt or coffee mug, or just want to take home a beautiful flower arrangement or potted plant, they’ve got you covered.
Explore Safari Wilderness Ranch
If you’re looking for an exciting and unconventional way to explore the wilderness, Safari Wilderness in Lakeland, Florida is the perfect place for you. This unique safari park offers visitors the opportunity to see a variety of different animals up close, including giraffes, lions, and even rhinos. You can also take part in a variety of different activities, such as riding in a hot air balloon or going on a jeep tour. Whether you’re looking for an adventurous way to spend your vacation or you’re simply curious about the animal kingdom, Safari Wilderness will offer something for everyone.
Things to Do in Lakeland, FL: See Lake Mirror
If you are planning a trip and looking for things to do in Lakeland, FI, consider taking a trip to the Lake Mirror. Lake Mirror is a large lake located in the center of the city and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the area. There are many different things to do at the lake, including fishing, swimming, sailing, and even kayaking. You can also take a walk around the lake and enjoy the beautiful scenery. There are also several restaurants and cafés located around the lake, so you can grab a bite to eat while you are enjoying the sights.
If you are looking for a more relaxing way to spend your time, consider taking a stroll through one of the many parks located around the Lake Mirror. There are several different parks to choose from, which features playgrounds and a variety of different animals.
Things to Do in Lakeland, FL. Less Popular Ideas
There are many less popular places to visit in Lakeland, FL, including:
- Frank Lloyd Wright Visitor Center is dedicated to showcasing the amazing work of this famous architect.
- Lake Morton is the largest lake in Lakeland, Florida. The lake is huge and is home to many different kinds of fish including bass, catfish, and crappie.
- Common Ground Park is a great place to enjoy the outdoors in Lakeland. The park has plenty of open space for picnicking, hiking, and playing sports. There is also a playground and a small pond for fishing.
- Munn Park Historic District was developed in the early 1900s and is the heart of this charming city. The park includes a lake with a fountain, performing arts pavilion, playground, and a gazebo for weddings and other events.
- Joker Marchant Stadium is a baseball stadium located in Lakeland, Florida. The stadium is the spring training home of the Detroit Tigers and the former home of the Lakeland Flying Tigers, a minor league baseball team.
Which one of these things to do in Lakeland, FL is the most interesting for you?
- Fun Things to Do in Vero Beach, FL: Tourist Attractions and Places to Go
- Covent Garden in the Heart of London. Things to Do in Covent Garden
- Best Places to Go and Top Things to Do in Gainesville, FL, in the Alachua County. Tick off our Favorite Attractions
- Things to Do in Galena, IL – Top Attractions in Galena to Visit on a Weekend Getaway
- Fun Things to Do in Palm Beach: Best Tourist Attractions in Palm Beach County
- West End, London – The Capital of the World-Class Theatres. List of West End Theatres, Musicals, Theatre Tickets
- What Are The Best Things To Do In Naples, FL? Here Is All Information About The Paradise Coast Also Known As Tin City
- Things to Do as Family in South Florida – The Best Things to Do with Kids in Miami and Beyond