From interesting museums and historical sites, to beautiful parks and outdoor spaces, there’s something for everyone here. So whether you’re a local resident or just visiting for a short time, be sure to check out some of these things to do in Kalamazoo!
Things to Do in Kalamazoo: Visit the Air Zoo
If you’re looking for exciting and educational things to do in Kalamazoo, be sure to check out the Air Zoo! The Air Zoo is a museum dedicated to aviation and aerospace history, and it’s full of hands-on exhibits that will teach you all about how planes work. You can even take a ride in an airplane simulator and see what it’s like to be a pilot!
The Air Zoo is perfect for a family outing, and it’s sure to be a day that you’ll never forget. Remember to book your stay in advance, as they can fill up quickly.
Go to the Kalamazoo Valley Museum
The Kalamazoo Valley Museum is a fantastic place to go if you want to learn more about the history of the state and the surrounding area. They have many exhibits that are sure to interest both kids and adults, so it’s an excellent place for your entire family.
Some of their most popular exhibits include the Native American exhibit, which features artifacts from the Chippewa, Ottawa, and Potawatomi tribes, as well as the pioneer exhibit which tells the story of early settlers in the state. You can also learn about the Underground Railroad and see a replica of a slave cabin. The museum also has a planetarium, so you can catch a show there if you want to learn more about the stars, or just enjoy a fun educational experience.
Visit One of Kalamazoo’s Many Breweries and Wineries
Kalamazoo is known for its many craft breweries, and it’s one of the best things to do in Kalamazoo in the evening. Bell’s Brewery is one of the most popular. The brewery offers tours, tastings, and a great selection of beer to choose from.
For those who prefer wine, there are several great wineries to choose from in Kalamazoo. Tandem Ciders is a must-visit spot for anyone who loves cider. The winery offers a variety of ciders to taste, as well as tours of the cider-making process.
Visit the Kalamazoo Nature Center
The Kalamazoo Nature Center is a wonderful resource in the city of Kalamazoo. This nature center has more than 700 acres of land to explore, including wetlands, forests, and meadows. There are many different exhibits at this center that teach visitors about Michigan’s wildlife, ecosystems and natural resources. The center also offers educational programs, events, and activities for all ages. Visitors can also enjoy a picnic lunch at one of the many picnic tables located throughout the nature center.
Go to the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts
The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts is a great place to see some amazing art. The gallery has a wide variety of art on display, and you can even take classes there. It’s a great place to learn about art, and to see some really incredible pieces up close. If you’re in the area, definitely check it out!
Explore Downtown Kalamazoo
There are plenty of things to do in Kalamazoo downtown! Check out some of our favorites:
- visit one of the many local shops and boutiques;
- stop by one of the delicious restaurants for a bite to eat;
- catch a show at one of the theaters or music venues;
- browse the art galleries and museums;
- take a stroll through the parks and other outdoor spaces.
The possibilities are endless! No matter what you’re looking for, you’ll find it in Downtown Kalamazoo.
See a Show at The Kalamazoo State Theatre
If you’re looking for a fun night out, consider checking out a show at The Kalamazoo State Theatre. This historic venue has hosted everything from concerts to comedy shows, and there’s sure to be something that appeals to everyone. Plus, the theater’s convenient downtown location makes it easy to get to and from.
Stroll Down the Kalamazoo River Valley Trail
Looking for outdoor things to do in Kalamazoo? The Kalamazoo River Valley Trail is the perfect place for a leisurely stroll. It runs through fields, woodlands, and wetlands, offering plenty of shade in the summer and colorful foliage in autumn. And if you take your bike along, you can go farther on this scenic trail than you could on foot.
Explore the Western Michigan University Campus
Western Michigan University is located in Kalamazoo, a college town that is home to many students. The campus itself is large and beautiful with many buildings in a variety of architectural styles. There are also several museums and theaters on the campus as well as a planetarium.
See the Henderson Castle
When you’re in the city of Kalamazoo, Michigan, there are many things to see and do. You could go to one of the many museums that are available, or you might want to check out all of the different parks and hiking trails that are nearby. One thing that people from around the world make sure to visit is the Henderson Castle.
This historic structure was built in 1895 and served as a private residence for many years. It has since been turned into a bed and breakfast, and it is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the area. The castle is open for tours year-round, and it is definitely something that you won’t want to miss out on.
Things to Do in Kalamazoo, MI: More Attractions
There truly is something for everyone in Kalamazoo! Whether you are passionate about art, looking for family fun, or simply want to experience the great outdoors, there is something here that will inspire you. Try the following ideas:
- Glass Art Kalamazoo – for those passionate about art;
- Markin Glen County Park – for those who are looking for family fun;
- Lillian Anderson Arboretum – for those who appreciate nature;
- Portage – take a trip to this charming town;
- Kalamazoo Farmers Market – for those who love fresh produce;
- Al Sabo Land Preserve – for those who want to experience the great outdoors;
- North Kalamazoo Mall – perfect spot for shopping and entertainment.
We hope that our tourist guide will help you plan your trip and pick the best things to do in Kalamazoo. Enjoy your holiday!
- The Best Things to Do in South Haven, MI. Beach Vibe and Fun Times in South Haven, Michigan
- Things to Do in Ann Arbor, MI. Tourist Attractions, Ann Arbor with Kids, and More
- Top Things to Do in Holland MI: Discover the Dutch Village’s Hidden Gems
- Best Things to Do in New Buffalo Michigan: Top Tips for Tourists and Activities. Your Travel Guide to New Buffalo MI
- Best Free Things to Do in Chicago – Places to Have Fun without Spending a Penny
- Things to Do in Marquette MI: A Bucket List. The Ultimate Guide to Attractions & Experiences in Marquette Michigan
- Things to Do in Grand Rapids, Michigan That You Haven’t Been Told About. The Best Attractions in Grand Rapids, MI
- The Best Things to Do in Las Cruces New Mexico: Major Tourist Attractions and Top Places to Go in Las Cruces NM