Looking for things to do in Burlington, VT? Look no further! With so many great attractions, it’s no wonder Burlington is one of Vermont’s most popular tourist destinations!
Top Things to Do in Burlington VT in a Nutshell
If you’re looking for some shopping therapy, be sure to check out Vermont’s Main Street. Or, if you’re in the mood for some beach fun, head over to one of Burlington’s many beautiful beaches. And don’t forget to check out Church Street Marketplace, a popular destination for locals and tourists alike! There are also plenty of kid-friendly attractions in Burlington, so bring the whole family along! Finally, if you’re looking to explore more of what Vermont has to offer, be sure to check out Shelburne. There’s no better way to experience Vermont than by getting out and enjoying all that this great state has to offer!
Downtown Burlington, Vermont
Downtown Burlington is a great place to start your exploration of the city. This vibrant district is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafés. Be sure to check out Church Street Marketplace, a popular destination for locals and tourists alike! If you’re looking for some shopping therapy, Vermont’s Main Street is the place to go. You’ll find plenty of unique shops selling everything from locally-made goods to handmade crafts. Looking for more things to do in Burlington, VT? Keep reading!
Ethan Allen Homestead Farmhouse
For those interested in history, the Ethan Allen Homestead is a must-visit. This well-preserved 18th-century farmhouse was once home to Ethan Allen, one of the leaders of the Green Mountain Boys. Visitors can tour the farmhouse and learn about life in early Vermont.
The Burlington City Arts Center is another great attraction. This center offers a variety of art classes for all levels, as well as exhibits featuring local and regional artists. If you’re looking for something to do on a rainy day, this is the perfect place to go! Check out Fleming Museum of Art too!
Of course, no visit to Burlington would be complete without spending some time at one of its many beautiful beaches. Whether you’re looking to relax or have some fun in the sun, you’ll find what you’re looking for at Burlington’s beaches. And don’t forget to take a dip in Lake Champlain, it’s one of the most popular attractions in the city!
The North Beach of Burlington is a local favorite for swimming, sunbathing and fishing. The beach is also a great place to launch your boat, as there is a public boat launch on-site. The campground at North Beach offers 52 wooded campsites with electric and water hookups, as well as a dump station. Bathrooms, showers and a playground are also available on-site.
Visiting Burlington with Kids
If you’re traveling with kids, there are plenty of great things to do in Burlington, VT. The ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center is a great place to learn about the local ecosystem. And what kid wouldn’t love a ride on the Champlain Valley Fairgrounds’ famous Ferris wheel? Still looking for things to do in Shelburne, VT? We have more!
The Shelburne Museum is another popular attraction, especially for its kid-friendly exhibits and activities. This charming town offers something for everyone, from its scenic Shelburne Farms to the Shelburne Museum. This museum features a collection of over 150,000 artifacts, including paintings, sculptures, furniture, and more. There’s also a variety of interactive exhibits, making it a great place to visit with kids. And don’t forget to check out the museum’s famous collection of steam-powered tractors! With so many great attractions, it’s no wonder Shelburne is one of Vermont’s most popular tourist destinations!
is a must-visit for anyone interested in history or agriculture. This working farm and National Historic Landmark offers tours, educational programs, and a variety of events throughout the year. Visitors can also explore the farm’s network of hiking trails, which offer stunning views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains.
For those looking for some outdoor fun, Shelburne is the perfect place to be. The town is home to a variety of parks and recreation areas, including Shelburne Pond and Wheeler Nature Park. There are also plenty of opportunities for biking, hiking, and camping in the nearby Green Mountains.
Visit Famous Breweries
Breweries in Burlington are one of the most popular tourist destinations, not only because it is the largest city in the state, but also because of its many great breweries:
- The Magic Hat Brewing Company is one of Burlington’s most popular breweries. This family-friendly brewery offers tours, tastings, and a variety of events throughout the year. Visitors can also purchase souvenirs and growlers to take home with them.
- Another popular brewery in Burlington is Zero Gravity Craft Brewery. This brewery specializes in small-batch beers that are perfect for enjoying on a sunny day. Visitors can tour the brewery and sample some of their unique brews. And don’t forget to grab a bite to eat at the on-site restaurant.
- If you’re looking for something a little different, check out Fiddlehead Brewing Company. This brewery is known for its hoppy IPAs and unique flavor combinations. Visitors can tour the brewery, sample some of their beers, and purchase growlers to take home with them.
No matter what your taste in beer is, you’ll find what you’re looking for at one of Burlington’s many great breweries.
Biking Around Burlington
Biking in Burlington is a great way to see the sights and get some exercise. There are a variety of biking trails throughout the city, so there’s something for everyone. If you’re looking for a challenge, head to the Colchester Causeway. This 12-mile trail offers stunning views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains. The causeway is open to bikes, pedestrians, and cars, so be sure to watch out for traffic. For a shorter ride, check out the Island Line Trail. This trail runs along the shore of Lake Champlain and offers beautiful views of the water. The trail is also home to a variety of birds, so keep your eyes peeled for some feathered friends! If you’re looking for an easy ride, head to Waterfront Park. This park is located in downtown Burlington and offers a variety of leisurely trails. There’s also a playground and a picnic area, so it’s perfect for families.
Things to Do in Burlington, VT. Recap
Burlington is a city that has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day at the beach, or want to check out some of the famous breweries in the area, there are plenty of things to do in Burlington VT. You can also explore downtown Burlington and visit some unique local shops and restaurants. If you have kids, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered too! There are plenty of fun things for them to do in Burlington, from exploring Ethan Allen Homestead Farmhouse to biking around town. We hope this guide gives you a good starting point for planning your trip to beautiful Vermont.
- Things to Do in Stowe, VT, From Downtown Stowe to Winter Activities and Tourist Attractions in Vermont
- Best Things to Do in New Buffalo Michigan: Top Tips for Tourists and Activities. Your Travel Guide to New Buffalo MI
- Things to Do in Marquette MI: A Bucket List. The Ultimate Guide to Attractions & Experiences in Marquette Michigan
- Things to Do in Fort Collins. Breweries, Tourist Attractions and Fun Outdoor Activities for Everyone!
- Things to Do in Bend, Oregon. See Our List of Top Attractions in Bend. Explore Central Oregon
- The Best Things to Do in South Haven, MI. Beach Vibe and Fun Times in South Haven, Michigan
- Things to Do in Broken Bow, OK – Stay in a Cabin and Take in the Breathtaking Beavers Bend State Park in Oklahoma
- Things to Do in Delray Beach: Discover the Best South Florida Has to Offer