Buena Vista offers a wide variety of activities and attractions for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re interested in hiking, fishing, white water rafting, or simply taking in the stunning natural scenery, Buena Vista has something to offer everyone. In this travel guide, we will discuss some of the best things to do in Buena Vista Co, as well as where to stay and how to get around. So pack your bags and get ready for an adventure!
The Perfect Time to Visit Buena Vista
When is the best time to visit Buena Vista? The answer to this question depends on what you’re looking to get out of your trip. If you’re interested in activities like hiking and fishing, the summer months are usually the best time to visit. However, if you’re more interested in winter sports like skiing and snowboarding, then the winter months are obviously going to be a better choice. Either way, Buena Vista is an absolutely beautiful place to visit, no matter what time of year it is.
Top Things to Do in Buena Vista, Co
When it comes to things to do in Buena Vista, Co, the options are endless. We have chosen our favorite spots, so take a look at our step-by-step quick guide on the most amazing landmarks and fun activities:
- Cottonwood Hot Springs: These natural hot springs are located just outside of town and make for a perfect day trip. Relax in the warm waters while surrounded by stunning mountain views.
- Colorado Springs at Mt. Princeton: Take a short drive to the nearby town of Colorado Springs and explore all that it has to offer. From hiking and biking trails to museums and art galleries, there’s something for everyone here.
- Historic downtown Buena Vista and South Main Street: Stroll through the charming historic downtown area and browse the unique shops and restaurants. Be sure to check out South Main Street, which is lined with beautiful Victorian homes.
- Visit beautiful Salida: Just a short drive from Buena Vista is the town of Salida. This quaint little town is located on the Arkansas River and is full of charming shops and restaurants. Be sure to explore the riverfront park (Riverside Park), and take a scenic hike along one of the many trails in the area.
After ticking off the above-mentioned hot spots, start planning the ones below, if you still have some spare time on your hands, of course!
Buena Vista Outdoor Activities
Camping near Buena Vista is a great way to experience all that the area has to offer. Salida is a nearby town that offers numerous camping options as well as hiking trails, fishing, rafting, and more. There are also several campgrounds located right in Buena Vista, so you’ll be close to all the action. Some of them include:
- Whitestar Campground;
- Moose Cross Camping;
- Chalk Lake Campground;
- Rolling Plains, Southpark Plains;
- Angel of Shavano Campground.
Be sure to pack your camping gear and get ready for an adventure!
Located just outside of Buena Vista, Browns Canyon is a must-see to any nature lover. This beautiful canyon is home to a variety of wildlife and offers stunning views of the mountains. This popular spot is perfect for hiking, camping, picnicking, and wildlife watching. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep!
One of the longest rivers in the USA runs right through Buena Vista, making it a great place for whitewater rafting. There are numerous companies that offer guided tours in Colorado’s amazing whitewater parks, so be sure to do some research beforehand.
Buena Vista for History Buffs
Are you the history tourist and looking for things to do in Buena Vista, Co? You’re at the right place!
First and foremost, if you are not scared of ghosts, there is a special place to visit near Buena Vista. It is called St. Elmo and is located in the Sawatch Mountain Range. This ghost town is just a short drive from Buena Vista and makes for a fascinating day trip. Wander through the abandoned buildings and get a taste of what life was like in the Old West. This once thriving mining town is now a popular tourist destination. Explore the abandoned buildings and learn about the history of this fascinating place.
Buena Vista Museums
- The Salida Museum is a small museum located in downtown Salida, Colorado. The museum features exhibits about the history of the area, including its railroads, mining industry and culture. The museum also has a collection of art from local artists.
- The Buena Vista Heritage Museum is also located in downtown Buena Vista. It features exhibits about the history of the area, including its Native American history, railroads and mining industry. The museum also has a collection of historic firearms and tools.
- The Depot Transportation Museum is located in Buena Vista’s historic train depot. It features exhibits about the history of transportation in the area, including its railroads, automobiles and aviation.
Things to Do in Buena Vista Co. Time to Sum up
That concludes our travel guide on Buena Vista, Colorado! We hope that this has helped with your plans to visit the area and that you have found everything you need to know about this beautiful town. From hiking and camping to hot springs and ghost towns, there’s something for everyone here. So what are you waiting for? Still thinking of best things to do in Buena Vista Co? Well, you should know by now, so simply start planning your trip today! Thanks for reading, happy travels and let us know how kayaking, hot spring bathing and fly-fishing went! See you soon, folks!
- Things to Do in Bakersfield! Discover This Californian City’s Top Attractions
- Top Things To Do In Glenwood Springs: Be Prepared For Your Glenwood Adventure!
- Things to Do in Pagosa Springs Colorado. Rafting, Hot Air Balloon Rides, Horseback & Other Activities Near Pagosa Srings
- Are You Looking for Things to Do in Steamboat Springs? We Have You Covered with Top Ski & Summer Activities
- A Guide to Things to Do in Hot Springs, Arkansas: The Best Tourist Attractions to Visit, What to See and More!
- Things to Do in Durango, CO – Ski in the Purgatory Resort and Explore All the Attractions in the Durango Area
- Free Things to Do in Orlando Florida. Low-Budget & Totally Free Attractions in Orlando with Kids and on Your Own
- Things to Do in Bozeman, MT – The Montana Entrance to Yellowstone with Hot Springs, Fly Fishing and More