In this article, we will discuss some of the most amazing things to do in Flagstaff, AZ. We will also provide information on when to visit the city, what you will need for your trip, and some day excusrions that you can take from this beautiful city.
Things To Do in Flagstaff, AZ
There are plenty of things to do in Flagstaff, AZ. For those who enjoy the outdoors, there are numerous hiking and biking trails located throughout the city. There are also several national monuments and parks that can be visited, such as Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument and Wupatki National Monument. Historic Downtown Flagstaff is also a great place to visit, as it offers a variety of shops and restaurants. The Arizona Snowbowl Scenic Chairlift is another popular attraction in Flagstaff. This chairlift takes visitors on a scenic ride to the top of Humphreys Peak, which is the highest point in Arizona.
When Should You Visit Flagstaff, AZ?
The best time to visit Flagstaff, AZ is during the summer months. This is because the weather is usually mild and there are a variety of events and festivals that take place in the city. However, visitors should be aware that it can get very hot in Flagstaff, so it is important to pack plenty of sunscreen and water. Ready to roll Route 66?
What Should You Take to Flagstaff, AZ?
When packing for your trip to Flagstaff, AZ, there are a few items that you will need to bring. These items include sunscreen, water, hats, and comfortable shoes, especially if you plan to go see the ponderosa pine forest or volcanic and meteor craters. It is also a good idea to pack a camera so that you can capture all the beautiful sights that the place has to offer.
Most Interesting National Monuments
As we mentioned before, there are several national monuments located near Flagstaff. One of these monuments is Wupatki National Monument. This monument features an ancient pueblo that was built by the Anasazi people over 800 years ago. The pueblo contains over 100 rooms, and is a great place to learn about the history of the Anasazi people. Another national monument that is worth visiting is Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument. This monument is home to an inactive volcano, and offers visitors the opportunity to hike to the top of the crater. There are also a number of lava flows that can be seen at this monument.
Historic Downtown Flagstaff
The Historic Downtown & Visitors Center is a great place to learn about the history of Flagstaff. The center contains a variety of exhibits, as well as a gift shop and café. Historic downtown Flagstaff is a great place for people to come and enjoy the small-town atmosphere. There are many shops and restaurants to explore, as well as art galleries and museums. Orpheum Theatre (previosuly Majestic Opera House) ia an old movie house in downtown, and there are also several live music venues there. In the summer, the Farmer’s Market is a popular place to get fresh produce, and there are also many festivals throughout the year.
There are several day trips that you can take from Flagstaff, but just make sure you don’t plan your holiday in Flagstaff extreme. You’ll see for yourself that there is way more things to do in Flagstaff than you thought:
- One option is to visit Sedona, which is located about an hour away from the city. Sedona is home to a number of art galleries and shops, as well as hiking trails and red rock formations.
- another option for a day trip from Flagstaff is Grand Canyon National Park. The Grand Canyon is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States, and is located about two hours away from Flagstaff.
- The Arizona Snowbowl Scenic Chairlift is also located around 30 mins from downtown Flagstaff, and takes visitors on a scenic ski lift ride near the top of Humphreys Peak.
- Walnut Canyon National Monument is a natural wonder located just outside of Flagstaff, Arizona. The canyon was formed by the eruption of two volcanoes over 15 million years ago and is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, coyotes, and birds. The most popular attraction in the park is the Island Trail, which takes visitors on a hike to the remains of an ancient Sinagua village.
- Coconino National Forest scenic drives will provide you with the most breathtaking views.
Flagstaff for the Educational Tourist
The Lowell Observatory is one of the best-known observatories in the world. It was founded by Percival Lowell and is located in Flagstaff, Arizona, on Mars Hill near downtown Flagstaff. The Observatory was named after Percival Lowell who had an obsession with finding intelligent life on other planets, a search that continues to this day at the observatory even though no such life has ever been found (at least not yet). Tourists can still visit the Lowell Observatory and learn about its history and the many discoveries that have been made there. This landmark is an important part of astronomical history, and it continues to make new discoveries even today. If you’re ever in Flagstaff, Arizona, be sure to check it out! You might just see something amazing through one of their telescopes.
Northern Arizona University Campus Tours
NAU is an interesting university for tourists because it offers so many types of programs and has such a diverse student body. The main campus is located in the mountains, which provides beautiful scenery and plenty of outdoor activities. The other campuses are spread out across the state, providing visitors with an opportunity to see different parts of Arizona. No matter what your interests are, there is sure to be something at NAU that will interest you.
We hope that this guide has provided you with some useful information on things to do in Flagstaff, AZ. We encourage you to visit the city and explore all that it has to offer. What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!
- A Canyon Paradise. Top Things to Do in Page, AZ: Tourist Attractions and Beyond
- Things to Do in Mesa, AZ: A Comprehensive List of Cultural Venues and Outdoor Activities in Mesa, Arizona
- Things to Do in Greenwich, London. From the Greenwich Park to the National Maritime Museum: Attractions for Everyone
- More Than Just Hiking, aka 10 Things to Do in Zion National Park, Utah: A Guide for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- Things to Do in Hollywood: 10 Dreamy Tourist Attractions You Don’t Want to Miss When Visiting Hollywood
- Fun Things to Do in Utah: A Guide to the Best Attractions, Winter Activities, National Parks and Salt Lake City
- Things to Do in Tempe, AZ: Places to Go and Things to See in the Home of Arizona State University
- Things to Do in Yuma, AZ – The Best Tourist Attractions and Quiet Places to Go in the World’s Sunniest City